Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rcook72

truck on the lake

5 posts in this topic

Man, I saw this guy on crooked lake in a cherokee out on the ice. Could not believe it as everyone else was walking out there. I took my wheeler out but just followed the shoreline. Had 7" in the middle. Only 3 small perch.

where is crooked located i checked the snr site and 24 or so showed up

I was at the one in andover, anoka county.

yeah welcome to minnesnowta, land of geniuses. Some people never learn until they find out the hard way, uhhderrrrr

I was on crooked on saturday,and saw a wheeler two,but no truck! What are people thinking?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• CaptnKirkDaMann
      Thanks. I was only able to give it a whirl once shortly after the post, tried swim baits and tails with no luck. Yep, hear ya about the tackle sacrifice so the generic heads and rubber are the ticket. Depth, current speed, and the angle of the line are considerations when choosing jig weight but I'll use the lightest head possible. Various styles of swim baits and cranks have done well for me on the Sippi & MN in the past but haven't been smacked on the Red yet. Scheels in Moorhead is dumping the fishing stuff and had a little clearance bin where I scored a few cranks for cheap. Only lost one crank to the Red, but had a few close calls & the Rap was like $3. One thing I've learned about casting cranks in rivers is that I loose less if they're floaters and the front treble hook is customized or removed. It helps to use a braid also, when the vibration changes I stop reeling so the lure can back or float up out of the snag. Usually river fish crush a crank bait and I know it's a fish, they ain't got the luxury of suckin & spittin.
    • ANYFISH2
      Have used the Stony Point access many times. It is a Public access.
    • Surface Tension
         A thanks to those that clean up after the people that care.
    • mbeyer
      Article in recent The Timberjay explaining breakdown of where the eggs are going....
    • TrueNorth
      Did you finish 7th grade grammar? I'm trying to understand your question...can't!