• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Robinson

FI Guide

ESPN just reported that the vikings are going to release Marcus Robinson. Issues state that Robinson and Chilly never got along about playing time and Robinson's role on this team. Well this is the second #1 reciever that the team has released this season. Bring on DJ from USC thats the only hope that the Vikes got left for catching the ball.

Does Childress like anyone? Seems to be a problem here. He is not a great fan of the press. He did not get along with DC from the moment they met. Hmmm wonder if there is anything to the got to like your coach to play for him attitude. Would be a simple answer to why the O is playing like crap. Just a thought...

What was it about this coach that the vikings felt no need too interview anyone else for this job??

Quote:

What was it about this coach that the vikings felt no need too interview anyone else for this job??

A history of poor front office decisions.

A 10 year veteran and you treat him that way. Let the guy finish the season. Really begining to question Mr. Childress and the way he runs things.

Quote:

Really begining to question Mr. Childress and the way he runs things.

Me too. So what if he wants more playing time....he's the only one catching passes out there! What the he11??

Quote:

Robinson started 19 of the 41 games in which he's played in his three seasons with the Vikings

Not only has Robinson been an unhealthy entity and underachieving player... he has now been cut (surprise, surprise) and the head coach is getting grief?? It sounds to me like Robinson (who has been cut elsewhere) is the problem... I guess I just don't see it the same as the rest of you.

Don't know where those stats came from. We all know there is a difference between games started and games played and he has played in alot more games than listed. This year he has started only 3 games but played in 10 games. Over the last 2 years he has played in 16 games (2004) and 15 games (2005) but it doesnt say how many games started, this was off the net. For him not being healty, Robinson was quoted in the paper the other day that Childress made him inactive one game due to some injury but Childress never had him listed on the injury report. I just think this new coach Childress is playing the power game and showing the team who is in charge, he is taking this all wrong for being a 1st yr coach. I think the guy is the biggest joke to ever coach the Vikes. Teamates have said he doesnt take input from players on whats going on on the field, he has never talked to BJ (quote from BJ), common he's your QB and never had a conversation with him?? Get rid of Childress now before he really makes this team not worth a damm....

Quote:

I think the guy is the biggest joke to ever coach the Vikes

Really? Thats saying alot my friend, remember Les Steckel? shocked.gif

On the StarTrib today they had that he told Sirus radio Robinson was released because of a "skill and ability thing." Must be that he caught too many TD's and didn't drop enough passes to be a good enough WR in Childress's eyes.

Yes, Childress sure seems to have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to this. Has the guy ever smiled? His news conferences on FOX are as about as exciting as a five day nose-bleed. What's the deal? You kind of have to give the buy some slack because none of these players he had anything to do with picking. Look at it this way. If you had to coach Troy Williamson, would you be very happy? I don't know but time will tell.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

From what I have read Robinson was complaining about lack of playing time. Not being on the active squad when healthy. I do have some growing concerns with Childress and the new front office. Hearing him ( Childress ) saying Jackson played well... First time in almost 700 games the Vikings gained only 3 first down. And this was an ok performance from your QB ? I don't want to be the first one to say it but I think Vikings fans are in a for a terrible stretch of football and this is not the low point of it.. the only shinning spot has been the D and a gleam from Chester Taylor who has been used so much his bruises have bruises. I hope they make me eat my words but I picked the Rams punt returner in one of my fantasy games cuz I think it is going to more 3 and out from them in their last game.

Ya got me there forgot about good ole Steckel. Childress is right up there with him. I have yet to hear 1 thing good about Childress, nothing.

Quote:

Ya got me there forgot about good ole Steckel. Childress is right up there with him. I have yet to hear 1 thing good about Childress, nothing.

Right up there with Steckel??? Steckel was 3 and 13 with a decent group of athletes dude...

Childress has to reshape this team a bit to fit his offense. Expect more changes before we see any improvement. I've not been totally impressed with him by any means, but we have to realize we don't know the half of what goes on in practice or elsewhere around the inner workings of the Vikes. Whining players should be the LAST thing we use to gauge support for the coach. As a whole, pro athletes are the biggest bunch of coddled egomaniac babies on the planet, and a HORRIBLE judge of anything!!

Who cares how many catches or touchdowns he had......he's terible, slow, old, average hands at best....... good riddence.

Why are Viking fans such whinners? wink.gif

Quote:

Cause we have the most underachieving team (year after year) in the NFL

Ummmm, Carolina Panthers were picked by everybody to represent the NFC in the SB this year... Are they making the playoffs? Look at Washington every year... spend, spend, spend and nothing.... what about last years SB champion Steelers??? You see my point is alot of teams with HIGHER expectations falter... nobody picked the Vikes to do anything this year... keep it in proper perspective. cool.gif

I am a patient person, but Childress is wearing thin. I will give him the benefit of the doubt. I think Ziggy is too, but if next season is a mirror of this season then I think Ziggy is going to drop the hammer on him. Childress needs to get off his high horse because everything he is doing is not the right decisions from player evalutions/handling to press relationships. He says that everything will be evaluated during the offseason personnel and players. I wonder who will evaluate him or how he will be critiqued and how he will take it. If he players can't talk to him who can? He doesn't have the supporting coaching staff because of all the inexperience. It seems like a one man show and he is leaving everyone in the wake. He may be the first of the rookie coaching class to be terminated in the future. Makes you wonder how any of the other rookie coaches would have done here.