• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Im with you Deitz, Just last weekend there was open water on alot of lakes and as I drove by Clear there still was open water on Saturday!! I sure hope HE clears out the not so smart ones so that some of us can actualy drive out later in the year instead of worrying about where that last car went threw

shawnnyB

I was surprised to see vehicles on the ice myself, but there is 12 inches. I just hope they know where the thin spots are.

Wondering if they are riding 4-wheelers on Chisago,looking to go to the eagles nest from the channel.Any areas I should stay away from?Little guy wants to bring his out also,but want to make sure its good.

Walligator

Walligator, If your going out from the main access or the one that frankies usualy plows from be careful, there is an ice heave, if you follow the snowmobile tracks from the channel and stay to the far left you should be ok, you will see it it sticks up about 1-2 feet.

ShawnnyB

Any updates on ice conditions,wondering if they are driving cars from the channel to the A-frame.

Walligator

Yes they are... I am not... I was out on Saturday... I measured 11.5" of ice where I was. But there were full size pick ups all over out there. To each their own. It may be good to go by the weekend. Call frankies to be sure.. they marked/plowed a road out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit Chisago today with the perm. It was the first time in 2 years that it's been out, and man did I miss it! I didn't really measure the ice, but there's was close to 20 or so inches out there. Did pretty well too. Caught a limit of decent crappie set up far away from anyone which was nice. There are groups of houses this year setup in places I've never seen groups before. I guess people are getting tired of the massive crowds by the old standbys.

Anywhoo, just thought I'd send an update.

No....there is no slot limit on crappies on Chisago nor South Lindstrom. Green lake in that area is the only lake with a restriction on crappies (9" minimum).

I went out today caught about 11 decent sized crappies. The only bad part was when I droped my phone down the hole and got my arm all wet after diving for it but I still had fun.

You are correct, just remember that that Bucket mouth that you catch has to be released if its over 12inches on most of the chisago area lakes.

ShawnnyB

Quote:

I went out today caught about 11 decent sized crappies. The only bad part was when I droped my phone down the hole and got my arm all wet after diving for it but I still had fun.

is this year for lost all of the mobile phone? this is like 7th time i had heard abt lost the phone down the hole this year*i had witness one* .. at least u catch those decent cerappies.. have a good week

• 2 weeks later...

i was out today from 2pm till 5pm,rain and wind were fun. caught 15 sunnies, only 2 worth keeping.

Monday the 19th was out from 1pm till 3am crappies didnt hit till about 10:30. Ended up cathching some tho. quite a few keepers.

I was out yesterday(Feb 26) from 12:30pm till 2am.

We caught over 50 sunnies(1 keeper but still fun), 20+ crappies(4 keepers), and a 26 inch Northern. .

Ice is 23.5 inches thick. Roads are plowed good. Get out and have fun while you still can.

Fish are still biting . Road plowed to about half way across. We ventured thru the deep snow ( in a 4x4 4door s-10)and were rewarded very well. 23 inches of ice still.

Ice was still 21 inches yesterday. Another spectacular day of fishing too. lots of water at frankies access tho, i dont know how long its going to hold up.

Anyone been out this weekend??? hows the access???? Trucks still going out???

Tommorrow will be my last day out icefishing if its still driveable. .

I was on frankies road yesterday. Lots of water, 8-10" in some spots. It's still driveable, but I worry about the point of access with all of the runoff from the road. It won't be long before it starte breaking up, I'm sure. I for one am done driving on Chisago, at least at the west access.

Was out yesterday, drove around Frankies road to much water for my liking(6-8 iches of water).Pretty scary looking. ice was super soft could probobaly scrape 4 inches off the top with your boots, lots of slush and standing water too. still drove everywhere with a pickup. would recomend walking from now on out.

Was out on lindstrom last night in front of dinner bell. Ice was soft on top with much slush and water and it lookedlike the few that did drive out did not get to far and turned around by the looks of there tracks so I walked out. Fishing was ok Crappie at dusk but on the very small side not one over 7" but what a great night to be on the ice.

I was out last night....what a perfect night....warm...no wind...by myself....and the sunfish were biting!