Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Carp King

Beaver Lake eastside

12 posts in this topic

I was wondering about Beaver lake. I just moved a block away. I went to the pier the other day a caught a decent pike. I launched my canoe earlier in the year but there was so many weeds mid June that I was having a hard time figuring it out, no fish. I will be putting up a shack this year just dont know where. I don't have a map and I don't think there's one available. It would be nice if any body could throw some info my way thanks

I icefish out there a few times a season.

Tip ups for pike, have had a few decent ones. Lots of stunted panfish, the lake is shollow and very weedy.

If your patient you can get some decent pike outta there, but thats about it.

C King

Get to know the guys at Blue Ribbon Bait. And don't be afraid to ask for information from the two teenage boys who work there. They grew up close enough to Beaver to ride bike and fish there (which they did A LOT)!! Consequently, they know more about that lake than most people.

Besides, if you just moved to that area, you owe it to yourself to get to know that baitshop. It's an eastside fisherman's gem.

Yeah no doubt my favorite place for bait. I just might have to take an afternoon and fish with Josh for some of them monster metro Musky he always chasing. I'm sure I could use a few good pointers from the man. If you see a canoe on Beaver in the next couple of days it will be me chasing some Pike.

A few years ago I took my 2 boys and the canoe out to Beaver in the spring and did fairly well on the panfish. Nothing of any great size, but a lot of fun fish. I've spent a little bit of time on Beaver during the hard water, but I haven't been able to get on them panfish like I did in the spring.

The max depth I have found is about 12 feet. It's located near the aerator.

Good luck

I also fished there a bunch of times before too. The lake is very shallow, I marked about 5-7 ft in most places only. Tons and tons of little 2 inch sunnies and crappies. It's a great lake to take the little ones out for some action.

Well I never got to get on the lake it froze over that night I posted last.But theres still hope I seen the north end opened back up this afternoon maybe one more shot before ice up. GL

I have caught bass on that lake also....and there are supposedly channel cats stocked in it, though, i haven't seen any. Great place to take the kids though, because if they get bored, they can use the playground. Saw one family there this summer using just sticks, with line and a hook. C & R on the potato chip sunnies, but everybody had a blast.

The dnr website has detailed lake maps... if that would be helpful?

Unfortunately the DNR doesn't have a map of Beaver Lake. I know I've seen one in the past, I just can't remember where.

yea ive fished at beaver for over ten years (from dock and canoe) and theres nothing special about it. the lake gets way too much pressure and will never be able to produce descent panfish. people there keep 2-inch crapppie and bluegill and just destroy the lake. only time you will catch a descent panfish is only when the the dnr stocks it but them fish will dissapear within 2 days. dont waste your time on that lake. but they do have descent pike, bass and catfish. most within the (2-5) pound range. I also think the dnr should make some regulation about how small fish are that people can keep (panfish). because its just pitiful to see those people keep tiny fish and just destroy these metro lakes like this.

I think it has more to do with people keeping the bigger panfish that messed up this and other lakes (stunted population).