• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NEW LakeMaster MN 2007 chip is out!

schweady

Question

This has been mentioned in a few other posts. I thought it might be helpful to pull the discussion of the new chip into one spot. I'll start by quoting some text from the lakemap web site:

"The LakeMaster® ProMap Minnesota card contains 79 High-Definiton maps, plus 665 Lowrance® enhanced lake maps with detailed shoreline and depth contours, and many of these offer other features such as weed symbols, navaids, hazards, and more. Finally, each card is programmed with incredibly accurate background data for 25,000 lakes and ponds; 10,000 of these are named, detailed roads, addresses, and thousands of points-of-interest. These preprogrammed cards turn your Lowrance® or Eagle® handheld GPS or chartplotting unit into a complete mapping system."

Bottom line - 774 total lakes vs. 268 on the previous chip. 79 High-Definition vs. 59 on the previous chip.

I know some have ordered and received them. Was it directly from lakemap? Any upgrade policy? Has anyone found them at retailers already? Any new chip owners care to comment?

Can I upgrade my Lakemaster Gold package or do I have to repurchase the whole thing?

The only Gold package I know of is computer software. LakeMaster's 'Lake of the Woods Gold' comes to mind. (Oh, there is a new MMC chip just for LOW, too, but it looks like they're waiting to release it until they can include Canadian waters.)

I'm looking for a discussion on the new MMC chip just released -- mostly inland MN lakes but now includes some border lakes and a handful of others in bordering states. The one that can be inserted into our Lowrance Expedition or H2O or Hunt gps units.

Last year's chip was labeled 'LKPM-MN Part No. 108-180.' That one is no less than amazing, but now there is an updated one out that many of us have been waiting for since last April or May...

Anyone have the new one and can share some thoughts?

From lakemap dot ..., again:

"79 ProMap Lakes (744 Total Lakes With Contours) Includes 595 Minnesota Inland Lakes, 89 Wisconsin Lakes, 17 Michigan Lakes, 14 Iowa Lakes, 17 South Dakota Lakes, 2 North Dakota Lakes, 4 Minnesota/Iowa Lakes, 3 Minnesota/South Dakota Lakes, 3 Minnesota/Wisconsin Lakes"

No mention of Minnesota/Canada border lakes. I'm wondering if the display for MN-Canada border lakes blanks out right at the line (like the 2006 LakeMaster chip) or does the data, including contours, extend into Canada for a distance (like the Navionics chip)? I'm really interested in Sand Point Lake and Namakan.

Not sure those lakes are on Lakemasters version, but the Navionics North Premium covers those accurately, I have my 2007 MN Lakemaster and very pleased, will still have to get a stand alone LOTW but that and Devils Lake are High Def mapped.

Nice surprize in there also on some updates to NE MN Ely Area lakes. Gluck

I just shot them an e-mail asking if they would update the old chips (LKPM-MN) to the 2007 version or provide credit if the old chip is sent in towards the new 2007 version. I will let you know what they say.

I e-mailed LakeMaster to aske them about a trade-in/upgrade program.This is the response I received:

Hi Casey,

The product is manufactured by Lowrance and they do not

offer any type of upgrade or trade in program at this time.

If you have further questions, please contact us directly.

Best Regards,

LakeMaster Lake Maps

Technical Support Group

I just got the new one Saturday...ordered directly from LM and got it in 2 days..great service. I would have just kept my old one but the main lake I fish wasn't on it. There is no trade-in or refund of the old chips. Can't wait to put it to use. (other than surfing around placing waypoints on it inside)

I emailed them and asked them the same question. I got the exact same response. I guess I have to decide if its worth it to shell out the cash. Did they update the old lakes or just add more new ones?

Some were on the chip before but not as hi def maps...so I guess they updated some of the old lakes. I'm not sure if any of the old hi def lakes were upgraded further though..

Quote:

I'm not sure if any of the old hi def lakes were upgraded further though..

I started working on a database to compare the two chips' lake lists, but in the meantime here's a for instance for ya: URL is now shown with 6 inch contour lines.

(Perhaps to make it look like there's some structure down there??) wink.gif

schweady I'll be anxiously awaiting your comparison! Thanks for doing the leg work so the rest of us can decide if we need to buy it.

I know most of us probably have a few lakes we do most of our fishing on and if you've ever used a GPS with the LakeMaster chip and seen how incredibly accurate they are, it makes it difficult to fish without it. On Mille Lacs for instance we used nothing but the GPS to decide where to park our permanent house...and the depths were accurate to the foot. Really helps save a lot of time if you get those 1 foot contours...

I ordered my new chip, by the internet, on Monday. Tuesday it was already in my mail box. Shipped from Little Falls, Mn. Fastest service I have ever seen.

Quote:

schweady I'll be anxiously awaiting your comparison! Thanks for doing the leg work so the rest of us can decide if we need to buy it.

bucketOsticks:

It's ready -- in an Excel spreadsheet. I figured that's probably the easiest format. Post your email and I'll ship it your way.

I would like a copy please to compare....wks1974 at yahoo (contact us please) (Contact Us Please)

Can I use this chip in my Lowrance 3300c that I have in my boat or is this chip just for hand held models?

I e-mailed Lowrance with the same question I sent to LakeMaster. This is the response I received:

Thank you for your inquiry. The 2007 version of our LakeMaster Pro cards are in

final stages of completion and have not begun to ship to the dealers at yet.

Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans for upgrading existing cards or

credit towards the purchase of the new card through Lowrance. We are not aware

of any programs that LakeMaster may be offering, since they are a separate

company from us.

Please feel free to contact us if we can assist further.

Thank you for Choosing Lowrance Electronics

12000 E. Skelly Dr.

Tulsa, OK 74128

1-800-324-1356

www.lowrance.com

It's a bummer that they don't offer something. frown.gifconfused.gif

Quote:

bucketOsticks:

It's ready -- in an Excel spreadsheet. I figured that's probably the easiest format. Post your email and I'll ship it your way.

schweady - my email is ncapatina(at)hotmail(dot)com. Thanks!

schweady,

If you have a chance please email me the spread sheet to:

mtrierwe at yahoo . com

Schweady, if you find the time send me the spreadsheet, thanks for helping out your fellow fm-ers. wink.gif

whitetailhunter13(at)msn(dot)com

Schweady....I would be very appreciative if you could forward your efforts my way as well! Thanks for taking the time to do this for everyone!

-Rick rmrakt<at>hotmail<dot><com>