Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
picksbigwagon

Looking for a pony keg or 16 gallon keg

30 posts in this topic

empty of course, but want to make a warm water tank to put above the double barrel stove at the hunting cabin. preferably an all metal one, I posted in the free section but it was removed immediately, maybe this is the right place for this........

Frat houses at the U of M on a Saturday morning? Used to see them in the yards.

beer.gif

would prefer not to be arrested while trying to get one....

Your local distributor might might be able to help. I'd guess they get back some damaged kegs. I'd suggest one of the big brewers in St. Paul but I think they've all gone to Milwaukee.

I will try that, thanks

Try your local scrap yard. Also, use the Google for Sabco for legal used 1/2 barrel kegs.

If you don't have any luck with the keg, you might consider taking a sawzall to an old water heater. Use the bottom portion and you already have a tap and drain in it.

There are a lot of possibilities. An old propane tank, water expansion tank, compressor tank.

I looked on Ebay and to purchase a used keg with shipping there would run about $60.

water expansion tank, that is another possibility too......I checked ebay, did you see the 102 barrel wooden storage tank from Point Brewery in Stevens point? Man, if I had a basement that would hold that thing.

Quote:

I looked on Ebay and to purchase a used keg with shipping there would run about $60.

I can get them locally for $40 delivered.......polished is 5 bucks more....... grin.gif

I think this is simple - go to liquor store buy keg - pay $12 deposit - keep keg

Thats funny right there... Plus you get beer mmmm beer

I'll even take one for the team and help you empty the keg.

Quote:

I'll even take one for the team and help you empty the keg.

Thats what I was thinking. smile.gif You could say a bunch of FM guys are coming over to "help" with my project.

Count me in. Anything for the team...

We better order two. grin.gif

Oh and one on reserve. Good times, good times!!

I've got one you can have....it's a beauty too...let me know...tired of lookin' at it..

Heck I'd even fork over the 12 bucks for the deposit!

Jerkin'm I am located in Prior Lake, where abouts are you?

Sorry guys, but maybe we can have a beer bust another time. WE have deer camp (in Iowa)in less than two weeks and I would like to have this project done sooner than later. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a project that involved getting a couple of kegs drank, but the bride would have serious problems if I started to let complete stangers back into the garage and help me drain a couple kegs, again smirk.gifsmirk.gifsmirk.gif

We use an old milk can. Drill a hole toward the bottom and put an on/off valve on it. Can draw water out as needed and a lot more heavy duty than keg.

Near Lord Fletchers just off Lake Minnetonka...

is it a pony or full sized keg? I will take it, what does your time line look over the holiday weekend say friday afternoon or saturday sometime????? (612)770-9082

or tpickett@priorlake-savage.k12.mn.us

Quote:

I think this is simple - go to liquor store buy keg - pay $12 deposit - keep keg

aka stealing

frown.gif

I prefer to say long-term deposit tongue.gif