Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pistol Pete

Lakes open or froze

7 posts in this topic

Is lake miltona still open?? Looks nice next week and thinking about going out one more time in the boat.

Most of the big lakes are still open, we have some skim ice on the sheltered bays.

Ditto..

Geneva had some skim yesterday that shifted from the west shore to the east....lots of crinkling...loud as it began breaking and piling up on the east shore...the shards were easily a quarter inch thick. last night it locked up a little more, but there's lots of open water on the west side and north. as the wind picks up, and the temps rise toward mid week, it might all break up again.

I drove by Mary yesterday and the whole lake is frozen over. I don't know if it'll open up this week or not. If it doesn't, I'll be out on the ice next Tuesday is my guess. It only takes two cold nights once it's like this.

Let's hope the lakes stay skimmed over. Looks like the Monday following Thanksgiving temps drop below freezing and don't get above freezing for the week.

I hope all the lakes freeze up too, but it sure is nice fishing out on the lakes now. Lots of hungry fish and no people. I went out Sat and Sun and caught many many nice walleye. I kept a couple to eat and the rest will be there when the ice comes. I don't think the fish will be bitting this good in a couple weeks though. Oh well.

Ice blew off Geneva yesterday. warm south wind....maybe it'll lock up over the weekend.