Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pistol Pete

Lakes froze over or open

4 posts in this topic

Looks to be real nice weather coming up, thinking about getting the boat out once more. Is west battle lake open?? Landings ok??

It's open, saw 2 boats out there this morning and it looks like they repaired the access on the west side so it should be good to go.

big pine was frozen over as of 11/19, but the forecast doesn't look too good for ice fishing frown.gif

That is great to hear about Big Pine. We were ice fishing there last year in the middle of December. I look forward to gettting back out there. Thanks for the info.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• tipupsonly
      How's the ice doing? I will be up with atvs on the west side next weekend. I see it's gonna be warm all week. Curious if there are still any guys out in pickups anywhere? How much ice are guys seeing? 
    • schmoe147
       I was told as long as both seasons are Open( Archery and Firearm) and I have a valid license for each (Archery and Firearm) both can be in possession.  The regulation book is a reference. they ultimately go off statues. I email all my questions and ask for an answer from someone who can legally answer the question. What you are referring to in the regulation book is carrying a gun during archery seaon alone. Yes that is illegal without a CC.
    • Borch
      Good to know Don.  Everything is ahead of schedule. 
    • Jim Uran
      Fished the last couple of nights on smaller lakes in the area, walked out. The ice was pretty good still under a layer of mush. Any surface water is leaking through but the ice is holding up well for foot traffic. Trying to balance my time between maple trees and fishing now. 
    • skibass
      We talked to a guy who did very well in 16 FOW by Frontier on Monday. Also heard from a group who did well near Birchdale (not sure on depth).  Our best luck was in 21-25 FOW