• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spring turkey?

sysco_joe

Hey guys, does anybody have any land , or know someone else that does that might be willing to either borrow or lease it out for a spring turkey hunt? My 9 year old and I would be forever indebted to you for your help. Any info is appreciated. sysco_joe @yahoo.com

Sysco:

Welcome!

Get your tag, that's the first stumbling block. Or at least apply so that you could buy a tag in the spring.

As for land, it's getting tight around where I live, and I like to keep several options open for myself, family and friends. However, no matter where you live, if you're willing to put in the time and work necessary to scout, find land, and ask permission, you will be rewarded for your troubles.

Spend some time looking into zones/opportunities you currently have. Next, look for the landowners list that will be coming out here in the next few months. These are great starting locations. From there, ask the landowners if he knows any people that allow turkey hunting on their land. There is almost never an easy/cheap path into this turkey hunting thing, but it can't be overstated that you will be rewarded for your hard work/efforts.

Thanks for posting, and good luck!

Joel

If you are looking to lease, look in the classifieds -

problem is adds will appear in the paper after the application deadline.