Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dahitman44

imperfection

12 posts in this topic

I found a "tuff" of black hair on my yellow male just yesterday. Thought it was dirt, but nope. Black hair.

Will that hurt his stud service price or interest?

Bleach it! grin.gif

I have the same thing on my 4 month old yellow. at first I thought it a oil stain but its black hair. still a great dog though( when he wants to be)

hookset

I agree -- it is not a big deal but do you think anyone else would object with stud service?

I doubt you will have to concern yourself with stud service. If the dog turns out to be some type of champion then maybe and it would be a very small maybe you would have to be concerned.

As long as the pedigree is clean that is what is most important.

That is what I was thinking.

Thanks

Hitman

I have seen a lot of dogs with various patches. Don't worry about his stud value until you put an AFC or FC on him.

Yeah, I need to find paperwork on that.

What type of paper work are you looking for?

Found it. It was his AKC papers -- now I need to send them in. His litter was registered but not him.

Hitman,

There are a lot of dogs in the trials that are not perfectly marked. Many have white in excess of the AKC show standard but it does not affect the trial stuff. I have seen some pretty odd looking dogs trial. Sime in coloration some that are blind in one eye, some that are missing a foot and other things. They all do well in the field though. Unless you are trotting around the show ring or it is in some way linked to a physical or tempermental trait a little bit of off color patch should not hurt you. If you breed a black to your yellow you will get mixed colors anyway. As stated there are ways to "cover" it up. Lady Clairol is used a lot at shows. Just For Men too to cover up some of the gray of an aging dog.

wow -- never thought of that. wink.gif

Thanks

Marc