• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone?

Is anyone still fishing Kab/Nam? I've always wondered what kind of action I could get up there just before the ice hits.

Hey Hockey,

With deer hunting and colder temperatures I am not seeing anyone fishing Kab/Nam lately. Fishing can be good just before ice-up if the weather cooperates. Right know the ramp at Ash River VC is usable but that can change if we get snow. The water temps are currently in the 30s so given a couple of cold nights the water could be hard overnight.

The best place to go is to put in at the Ash River Vistor Center and fish the mouth of the Ash River, mouth of Lost Lake, mouth of Blind Ash Bay, Rudder Bay and the narrows near Footes Island on Namakan. These are all fairly close to the ramp so if something goes wrong you can still get back to the ramp. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any additional info.

-Duckster

It got cold last night, 10 degrees. For the first time this season, the lake froze over, I can only speak for the Western part of Kab, maybe duckster can provide info for the Ash River VC area. A warm up as forecast may melt the ice, but I would call ahead. guts

On Saturday night 11/18 the east end of Kab froze up. There is ice from Ash River to Kubel Island on Namakan and as far west on Kab as you can see. As of 11/20 it appears that all but the center of Kab is frozen over. They are forecasting low 40s with strong south wind today and so the ice may break up some in exposed areas. I would expect that the ice in protected areas will stay on. So... I would change any fishing plans to ice fishing. The mouth of the Ash River can be good at early ice. Hope this answers your questions.

- Duckster