Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slacks

strikemaster

2 posts in this topic

Anyone hear anything good or bad about the new strike-lite ice auger. I really like the idea of no smoke! I heard they had a flooding issue last year and wondered if they got that cleared up.

Hey der Slacks....First off Welcome to FM/HSO/IceLeaders. We do have an equipment forum and a general Icefishing forum where you may get a few more replies to such a question. Our regional forums are for the most part a place to get info on the area in general, and it's fishing in specific, lodging, access spots, fishing tips, etc. We are a friendly bunch here on the LOTW forum and will try and field most anything if we have any light to shed on the subject though.

My friend Chris Hanson was up here fishing with me last year and his father came up one evening to fish with us and he had a brand new one. I have'nt caught wind of flooding issues with them, and from what I've seen I'd give it a big thumbs up myself, started fine, idled fine and cut darn nice thats for sure. Lightweight and smokeless, I punch quite a few holes, 100's if not 1000's in a few permanent huts thru a season and I'd sure like to have one for my own use no doubt about it. I'd say the only thing that may be considered a draw back with them is the fact that a guy is supposed to store and transport on 1 side of the machine. A guy would just need to take heed of this is all and that would'nt be a problem for most folks I'd reckon. Strikemaster makes a good product, I ran an old 2hp mag111 for many years and cut a gazillion holes with both an 8 and 10 inch bit.

Enjoy our winter season.....fiskyknut