• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Some friends of mine in Iowa were pheasant hunting a few weeks ago & came across 2 bucks with their antlers locked; one was dead and had been dead for quite a while. They took a video with a camera phone as they separated the antlers and let the live deer go. The link to the video is below; it takes about 14 min to watch and if you don't like rough language you should turn the volume down. The quality of the video isn't that great as it was taken with a cellphone camera and there was a lot of moving around. Notice the state of decomposition at the end of the clip. You may never see anything like this again.

You will need to have Quicktime 6.5 or greater and RealPlayer10 to watch it, and both will have to download additional plugins to view the .3g2 format. Windows versions should do that automatically, but I haven't been able to find the plugin for the Linux version yet.

http://www.cosmoscoffee.com/info/deer.3g2

Please remember that if you don't want to hear swearing, you should turn down the volume when you watch the video.

The poor deer looked like it was exhausted. It had to have been dragging the other body around for 2-3 weeks. Can you imagine how it ate, drank, slept, etc with that thing hanging on his head? If someone was to shoot him this season he'd probably be a little disappointed that the 12 point rack was broken up from the guys separating them.

Thats a great video. I had a friend in Roseau, MN. who shot a buck, who was locked up with another buck. One of the deer was dead just like this situation. All though I don't think the dead deer was rotten yet. He had both deer heads mounted, locked up, so you would hang it on the wall in the corner of the room. Pretty cool.

It was nice to see these guys decided to let the deer go. Did your friends say how pheasant hunting was ? I've been to North Dakota twice this fall and filled out both times. I am looking to go again, was thinking about trying Iowa.

Without trying to be nosey, wondering what part of Iowa were they hunting. Did they just hunt a couple of days ?

It was in NW Iowa, around Emmetsburg. They live in the area. It was a one-day thing. I talked to one of the guys yesterday, three of them went out without dogs yesterday, saw quite a few but only got 2.