• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ML liscense can you buy if you hunted in a firearms zone

DRH1175

I have heard it both ways and have been looking on the DNR page can seem to find it spelled out. I have an archery license and a 2A firearms. I screwed up and didn't buy the all season. Can I still buy the ML liscence or do I have to wait till next year? I still havn't shot a buck. Thanks

You can upgrade your license to an all-season I think, but you can not buy both a firearms license and a muzzleloader license. Call the DNR, they can confirm this.

I think lawdog has it right. It looks like in order for you go on a muzzleloader hunt, you will need to ugrade to the all-season license first.

Nope, you cannot buy a muzzleloader license since you already got the regular firearm license. You'll need the all-season license to hunt in regular firearm and muzzleloader season. I think it's too late to upgrade now. They only let you do that when the firearm season hasn't start yet.

I guess You'll have to wait until next year

My mistake, I think you can upgrade it to the all season license if you didn't use any of the tags (archery & firearm) yet. Anyway here's what it says in the regulation handbook:

Upgrading/Changing Firearms Deer Licenses

A person who has purchased a deer license and wishes to change

a zone, license type, or season options may submit their original

license and obtain a replacement license. There is a fee of $5 (plus a

75¢ issuing fee) for the replacement license, plus any increase in cost

for the new license. Replacement licenses are available from any ELS

license agent. If a person submits both an archery and firearms license

for replacement with an all season license, the value of both original

licenses may be applied. Any replacement license may be issued before

the season for the original license opens. A person may upgrade an

archery or regular firearms license (or both) to a multi-zone buck

license or all season license after the original season has opened, if

none of the original tags have been used. The upgraded license is valid

immediately upon issue.

As long as you haven't tagged a deer you should be able to upgrade. A friend of mine upgraded his license to the allseason the thursday before 2nd weekend of slug.

ahh I already have an archery and firearms. There is still 2 weekends left in the Metro hunt and the rest of the year to bow hunt. Guess I will just cut my losses and wait for next year.

There is one WMA by Rosemount that is open. I just got done doing a check on the DNR website and it is the only one that is legal to use slugs on.

So why bother having a Metro firearms zone when there is only one area that is allowed?

Guess I will see you down there.