Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Meat-Run

Stil deer hunting in Brainerd???

9 posts in this topic

Hey anybody still deer hunting it the lakes area (archery now)??? Hey WalleyDan and news from your camp? Does anybody have any news if they are still getting out and/or seeing any bucks?

I'm now ramping up some archery hunting now that zone 2 is closed and safe to walk public land. Any news is good news.

thanks,

mr

Been pretty slow for me. With the gun season just getting over the deer seem to still be a little skitish.Have seen a couple small does just before dark but way to small to shoot. Still got 46 days to tag the 8 ptr ive seen. Yes he is still alive. Seen him one night coming home from work at 11 pm standing on the road. Glad the gun hunters didnt get him.

Duck

Hey Duck,

Herd the muskies are going good on Mille Lacs. Give Isom a call a Reed's he'll give you the scoop.

mr

Thanks, heard the same thing. Talked to steve a last week and wanted to get out last riday but was called into work. (sometimes it sucks being the boss). Hoping to get out 1 day the weekend.

I haven't been in the woods this week so I'm not sure what is going on. I was hoping the snow would stick a little longer so I could see where they were moving, but not so. I still plan on sticking one before we get into the ice season. I was out on the water (Gull) tonight and we (Tim) caught about 8 walleye's. A couple were keepers the rest went back. Jigs. I was going for big momma but she didn't bite. We did land a 27 incher on Sunday evening though. I'm sorry, you wanted to know about hunting. I had my 4 year old son up in the tree with me last Saturday and that was pretty cool (long story). We did see a couple of does that were getting chased around. We didn't see the buck, but my neighbor drilled him about 200 yards or so from us. It only had half a rack (3 pointer). I hunt mainly public land and some private that gets hunted pretty heavily, so I think they are a bit shy at this point and probably sticking tight to the thick stuff until night fall. I hope to give you a report one of these days though!

Good luck meat,

Walleyedan

Hey Meat Run...How in the world are you getting kitchen passes to bowhunt. Or are you sneaking away part of your work day? HMMMM...Must be nice!

CA smile.gif

The bucks are holding pretty close to the does. Only saw a couple of spikers this afternoon. Still waiting to see the big one.

Jason Erlandson

mmm

Put the bow away for a few days and headed out to SD for a little Phesant hunting. WOW we saw a ton of birds. Its was my first time and now im hooked. All I need is another habbit. Back in the stand I go, Or should I go fishing. So much to do and so little time.

Duck