Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nate18

North or South end?

12 posts in this topic

I am planning a trip to one of the resorts and will be staying out on the lake for about 4 days. Which end is the best for the first week of January? Any help would be great!

Nate

nate.riddle@quest.com

I would concentrate on the North end. You can do a resort search on this forum. Many are listed.

Nate,

I agree with T.O. Your options are much better on the North End. I run several trips a year out of Twin Pines They are great people to deal with and the food is fantastic laugh.gif They have roads going out to the northwest flats for eyes and there's some good Perch fishing in the bay right out in front of the resort.

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get out there. I have had my gear out three times already. Take care and good fishin'.

nate

I usually just launch from public launches on Mille Lacs and speed off to my fishing places. I always wondered how much it costed to launch from resorts there on average.. Anybody know?

It's typically between $7.00 - $10.00 per vehicle.

Hey Nate18 you can take team otters advise but if it where me, I would go out of the east side. alot more area to fish close by. but thats just me. team otter dont mean to step on your toes by any means. cool.gif

ALWAYS FISHING WALLEYEGUY!!!

My toes are fine. smirk.gif

North End, Mud flats should be hot.. ooo.gif

I guess that I didnt know that the north end could be that good that time of year.I always thought that it was at its best in the late ice and the spring for the eyes and the perch.I always like tring something new. May be I'll have to give it a try and prove you right.

KEEP FISHIN, KEEP LEARNIN cool.gif

It's worth taking a chance. smirk.gif

Shallow is mostly forgotten,10 fow or less can be HOT<HOT<HOT.imo.c63