Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Esoxmn

Ice?

36 posts in this topic

Can you still get a boat out or all the bays iced up?

All of the small bays are iced over.

A few have been going out from KcKinley Park landing, but still have to break some ice, and the landing ramp is very icy!

Cliff

Cliff, are the smaller lakes frozen up as well?

I currently have nobody in your kneck of the woods sending in ice reports. If anybody is interested in giving vermilion or any other lake in the area I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Airjer

airjer,

I have not checked the smaller lakes, but have to assume that they are iced over. NOT SAFE though!!

Cliff

I have been driving by several small lakes on the way to deer hunting spots. Some of them have a very light skim of ice others are still open with just the bays skimmed over

i have seen the same as cliff and yukon...suppose to be 40 degrees or close for the next week...could be a while for safe ice

It doesn't look good for any part of the state!!

5 degrees this morning froze the lake solid.

But will it open back up ?

This has been a very strange year for ice. Black Bay has been trying to freeze up for about 3 weeks now. The ice is still very unsafe. Normally, by the time the main lake skims over as it did this Sunday, Black Bay is very solid. There was only skim ice in some areas of the Partridge River Narrows yesterday afternoon. Be careful!!!

It is supposed to get into the mid 40's to low 50's the next couple of days so most of the ice that we have here will be gone or weakened badly. frown.gif

Cliff

We have almost 2 inches in front of shamrock as of this afternoon...Greenwood looks very solid with snow on top...

Great news Adam!

Hope it stays cold enough to make a couple more inches of ice!

Cliff

Well just to update everyone again. Out in front of Shamrock we have 3-4 inches of ice. However, down at the end of bradley road. There is no even 2 inches. Was gonna try to sneak out there to see if anything was biting but not enough there yet. With these temps this week I will probably be fishin off fectos by this weekend. Can't wait.

Going to try to get out somewhere on the Tower end also by this weekend! laugh.gif

Sure is getting to be a long wait this year! tongue.gif

Cliff

If this weather would make up its mind it would help. Maybe I should just keep saying I am going hunting or something. That would probably do the trick!!!

Cliff, When we were up last weekend in front of our place the shoreline was still open, and out front of that there was only about an inch of ice. If you go out needless to say you be careful. Even "Aqua Man" would have a tough time with the current water temps. Thanks again for the food. Will have the steaks this weekend. Later, Darrell.

According to the weather channel for Cook\Tower: After today, the temps won't get above freezing for at least the next 10 days with lows in the single digits on most nights. It won't be long now!

Frazer bay was open last Saturday. mad.gif

Today I'm ready with the ultimate portable, cool.gif

we'll be ICE fishing this Saturday. grin.gif

113401.JPG

You certainly are ready! grin.gif

Nice rig!

Hope to get out of McKinley Park by this weekend also!

Cliff

I have the same outfit. I call it the Zepplin sled... grin.gif Maybe we can hook up. Better look at Ebay.

You may have the same sled and tent but your not customized like this one.

Take a peak

Like I said

the ultimate grin.gif

113416.JPG

Is that a practice green in there? grin.gif

That's too pretty to get fish slime on it..... laugh.gif Looks like you put a hinged door on the seat. Good idea.

It's not a practice green but a heck of a nice green to fall a sleep on laugh.gif

You got it !

Why heat the inside of the tub when you don't have to. grin.gif

That's pretty slick! Does it add a lot of weight tho?