Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ironman

trapping!

7 posts in this topic

I've been interested in trapping pretty much my whole life and never followed up on it. I would love to tag along with some trappers out there and see what it's all about before I run out and buy a bunch of traps with no idea how to really use them. I'll share the cost of gas and I'll be your pack horse. I'm 33 and a construction worker with a strong back and work ethic. Some of you old timers need some younger muscle I would love to help out. While out hunting various critters this fall I've seen alot of beavers and muskrats and its really got me wondering this year more than ever. I hope to hear from some trappers out there!!

Ironman - I run a line of about 40 conibears just for fun but I'll be out of town the next three weekends (buddy is running my line) so that really won't do you any good. Next year if you want to tag along you're more than welcome. I'm just south of St. Cloud. Won't need the muscles...got wheelers to haul all the stuff and dead critters. smile.gif

Thanks for the offer, maybe next year. Havn't actually looked at the regs as far as season goes, how long does it run?

Shoot2kill,I have a problem that maybe you can help me with.There are lots of muskrats in the lake that I have my spear house on and I cant seem to keep them from coming into my house or packing weeds under it.Is there a scent that rats dont like?If there is no scent that you know of,any other ideas? Thank you for your time!

P grin.gifgrin.gifP on the floor !!

shocked.gifshocked.gif

Can you try a piece of plywood over the hole, with a rock on it. Or try mink scent, but I maybe smelly in such a confined space. With rats said to be topping out at 10 bucks per this season, you may want to trap the little pests. grin.gif

Louisville slugger...whack!!! Cha-ching!