Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Therapy

Rivers

8 posts in this topic

My partner and I will be out on Thursday. Has anyone heard how they are biting on the Croix, Vermillion or the dam by Red Wing. Any suggestions on baits would be great too!

I thought the bite on saturday and sunday was better than its been in a couple weeks, its a far cry from last falls fishing or the previse year, that was unreal fishing and lots of releasers, just havn't had that this fall but its not going to stop me from getting on the river again this weekend. Looks like the big guy upstairs is going to make it another nice weather weekend, I'm ready to go! Last weekend gold jigs 1/4 tipped with a fatty worked real well, saturday the guy fishing with me tried just about every color and no color seemed to work as well as gold, needless to say he finished his morning using gold, sunday I used gold on one rod and tried pink and green and orange jigs on the other, gold was still the ticket, this weekend who knows what color may produce more than others, I'm leaning towards bobber fishing right! grin.gif

I'm going out in the morning. Going to troll some cranks and do some jiggin. I'll let you know how I do.

that's it for now,

GOOD FISHING!!! cool.gif

What color or pattern of cranks have you been trying that work the best? My two favorite ones are the x rap jointed tiger pattern orange bottom, yellow, with green stripes, or a reef runner, blue and silver with a lite redish middle, I found them to be the most productive over this season, I'm just curious what other people use and find productive. smirk.gif

I've tried #7 floating rapalas with three way rigs, or reef runners, or snap weights with rapalas. Blue/silver, Tiger, Black/silver w/red stripe, depends on the day. But all have been good all year.Hope this helps everyone out.

P.S. Hope it will still work in the morning. I will let you know. cool.gif

GOOD FISHING!!!

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the tips..... We long lined Deep Little Rippers last fall. Best color was the Grey Ghost pattern. (Dark back, light belly w/ a bit of red.)We had to go super slow but they smacked em when they hit.

We were having our best luck with #5 glass shad raps in green, blue and white. We were crawling along with leadcore at about 1 mph. I think I'm going to change the set-up a little this weekend. I usually run a 8' lead of fluorocarbon but this weekend am leaning towards a fireline lead because I was having some issues feeling when the little cranks are fouled (they sure don't put off much vibration). I'm just looking forward to being on the river again after a week hiatus.