• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hand held GPS

Jiggin Machine

I am thinking of buying the Lowrance H2O color ifinder with the Lake of the Woods map. Any opinions out there?

Navionics hotmaps north chip has both U.S. and Canadian side of LOW on it with very great detail, along with all the other major lakes in MN, WI, ND, SD, and Iowa. Very good!

Jiggin: I got one too, but made the mistake when I bought it. Got the Black anbd White instead of the color, bummer... Just may buy the color anyhow.. Anyone want a deal on te monochrome???? The chip I had for my big unit on the boat, works in this one too with unbelieveable detail, 1' increments too.. Kaz

That is a great unit, and the nice thing is you can use the same chip in your boat in the open water. I use my hand held in the winter and put the chip in my main detph finder in the summer. good luck

Call me in Rockford Mn. on the sale of your old one. Am interested in it for sure. Rick at 612-720-3950. Thanks and bring on the ICE.

The H2OC is hard to see in sunlight either direct or indirect. I had the color and black and white and compared side by side and returned the color one. Search the archives. There are several posts that say the same thing.

I agree with Hookmaster. The color version has it's disadvantage for veiwing. It is hard to see with maximum light. Plus it chews up batteries like a banchie comparied to the B&W. I love my H20 B&W as I made the trade due to those reasons. Get the chip that suits your need and you will be all set! The options seem to be endless now...

I agree with the two previous posts. When I was looking to purchase the H2O, the sales person at Cabela's and several product reviews told me that the color one is better in low light but is real hard to see in bright light. And the B&W model is $100 less, so I went with that one. Simply awesome piece of equipment, would not fish without it. The LakeMaster chips I purchased are very accurate.

When using the H20 to locate a specific turn, point, or saddle can you zoom in without losing track of your location? My question is that if you are searching for a specific location on a reef could you move the cursor to that location then save that point and then navigate to the point. Many times one studies maps with countour lines in attempt to locate certain locations or structure points which you would like to fish. Can I use the H20 to accomplish this task? I have heard that when you zoom it can be difficult to get an exact location?

I'm patiently waiting for a product similiar to that of a Lakemaster Map which a normal fisherman could put on his PC at home to study the lake mapping to pre-select locations for your next fishing trip. How neat would it be to establish several waypoints from your home PC? One pulls up to the lake with his or her own selected waypoints established from your map scouting that have be loaded to your hand held GPS. Your ready to run and gun walleyes!

Lureman,

Yes you can move the cursor around, mark a way point and then go to it. For your second question, Lakemaster has a computer program that has 250+ lakes on it. I used this before I got the H2O and the Lakemaster chip. You can do exactly what you want to do. Find places, make a waypoint and transfer to you GPS. Cuts down the looking time tremendously.