Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northlander

Duluth/Bwca "1st Ice Fish" Gathering on Fish Lake

11 posts in this topic

This event has been postponed due to record highs and poor ice conditions. Watch the Duluth/Bwca forum for up to date info.

I assume you mean won't be able to drive out.

It'll be close on the ice, last year we had 5-6" at this point in the year. We would have had more but it was pretty crappy with warm temps and rain the week prior. We were driving on Fish the weekend after.

Just need that COLD SNAP!!!

This is a great event if you can make it.

it's a great time of year to be on fish as well. this is a great event and let's see if we can get even more guys to show up this year!

Where is it? Can you day trip from the Twin Cities? Where do you stay? Can you do it without a wheeler/snowmobile?

Just might have to run up for this one. Not lookin to promising for ice here by then. Steve I will contact you when we get closer.

Check out the Iceleaders forum for all the details. Fish Lake is about 1/2 hour from Duluth. I doubt we will be driving vehicles. Im guessing wheelers and sleds will be close unless we start getting cold.

I day trip to fish lake usually twice a year from the Twin Cities. From St. Paul it's about 2 1/2 hour drive straight up 35, nice and easy if you ask me.

Pray for cold guys!!!

done and done!

CHECK THE DULUTH/BWCA FORUM FOR LATEST UP TO DATE INFO ON THIS EVENT!