Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cicada

Franklin

2 posts in this topic

Since deer hunting wasn't going so well, I took the boat as plan "B". Decided to head to South Lida thinking I could find some crappies and walleyes. Got to the access, the pirvate one between the two lakes and decided to pass. The access looked too soft for my little 2wd. Headed up to Franklin. You know that by the time you're at plan "C" there will be a marked diminishment of expectations. I marked some fish and caught a few northerns and perch. As soon as the wind did a 180 degree turn, the fish just quit hitting at all. The cool thing was the elk ranch near the lake. The elk were bugling constantly all afternoon long. Bad hunting, bad fishing, still better than work. I thnk I've got the same problem as Bison9. Burning smell by the driver's side rear wheel. Shakes a bit when I get up to speed.

Funny part is (read my other post in the Pelican thread), mine was due to a parking break being engaged while I was barreling down the highway... crazy.gifcrazy.gif

My parking break indicator is shot on my truck and I had no way of knowing that it was engaged - It probably just goes to show also that my brake wasn't working great to begin with if it wasn't gripping as well as it should have while engaged... It's funny how disengaging the parking break will make your truck run a lot smoother... smile.gif

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Mossy19
      Just wondering if any one will give me pointers on this lake??  Not specific spots.  Going to be at Pocahontas Resort July 1 - July 8th.  I am bass guy for most part but have kids (6 & 4) that love to fish for panfish and want them to keep entertained.  Any tips or information would be greatly appreciated!!!  Thanks! 
    • Mossy19
      Hello FM family!!  I HAVE A 2000 18.5' Fisher DXV boat and am having problems of water getting into the boat.  I have filled up the bottom of the boat with water to see if something is cracked on the boat itself and have found nothing.  It seems like the only time water comes in is when I use live well pumps. I have a guy replacing all the hoses that would have water going through them to see if one is cracked.  The water that comes in is enough that I have to run the bilge pump about every half and hour.  If I forget to run bilge then I have so much water I can't get up on plane when I take off.  Once the hoses are replaced and water still gets in, what would be my next step??  Cracked livewells??? I have two of them in this boat.  Any ideas??  Thanks!
    • birdguy
      I'm doing a day trip there on Saturday, will post afterwards. I plan to just fish the big basin area humps and points.
    • Poutwhacker
      Just looking for general advice... Taking our grandson on his 1st Rainy Lake boat camping trip, 7/01-7/05. We'll be near Kempton Entrance on the east side. I've been here many times before, but never over the 4th. Plan to target all species, but want 'eyes for supper. Are the walleyes on the reefs yet or still transitioning? Depths? Leeches or minnows? Bass/pike still in shallows? Main goal is to give him some opportunities for some fish. Thanks 'Pout
    • Luttes
      Hay Creek in Red Wing is probably your closest option.  Otherwise the Kinni, Rush, etc, just over the boarder in Wi is a good fishery. 
    • paceman
      I was kind of restless last night so since it was a bit windy I decided to go for a quick trip to a nearby small lake that I rarely go to. Tried lindy rigging leeches but the sunfish were on the chomp! I eventually went to a shallow weed point and marked a bunch of fish. Started pitching small jigs/plastics and absolutely pounded the crappies. I have never in my life caught so many small ones. Lots of 5-7" with the occasional big one 13-14" mixed in... I did not feel like cleaning fish so tossed all back. Should be a phenomenal crappie lake in a couple years...
    • Cheers
    • leech~~
      Welcome Rachelkate21 to the forum.  "brooks/steams/rivers that would be full of trout?" That is a pretty high order around Lakeville or anywhere. You may have to go south of you around Whitewater or up north in the arrowhead area. Best bet is check out the MN DNR site for Trout streams and their locations within the state. Good Luck!
    • Sleder
      Wanderer ,I believe Ely seizure was something to do with the BWCA . Lots of articles in newspaper .Some law about no commercial activity ( an active viable fishery) in side of park unless it enhances park like canoe rentals ect.... They were trying to stop Fishery for last number of years. I believe DNR does not want to do away with Frozen Bait Market , they just don't want fish from the Great Lakes or other contaminated areas to bring diesese to inland lakes.  If fish does not have a VHS Certification Number on its package , I would not be using it for bait.  Grocery store stuff totally Illegal ...  I emailed a Bait Company that has VHS Certified Smelt and Alewifes   info@awesomeadventuresfisheries.com     They gave me a list of stores that carry their products ... Save hunting around for Legal Bait   Hope this Helps
    • Sushilicious
      We only fished for 5 hours (only 2 hours were worthwhile 29 ft).