Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cicada

Franklin

2 posts in this topic

Since deer hunting wasn't going so well, I took the boat as plan "B". Decided to head to South Lida thinking I could find some crappies and walleyes. Got to the access, the pirvate one between the two lakes and decided to pass. The access looked too soft for my little 2wd. Headed up to Franklin. You know that by the time you're at plan "C" there will be a marked diminishment of expectations. I marked some fish and caught a few northerns and perch. As soon as the wind did a 180 degree turn, the fish just quit hitting at all. The cool thing was the elk ranch near the lake. The elk were bugling constantly all afternoon long. Bad hunting, bad fishing, still better than work. I thnk I've got the same problem as Bison9. Burning smell by the driver's side rear wheel. Shakes a bit when I get up to speed.

Funny part is (read my other post in the Pelican thread), mine was due to a parking break being engaged while I was barreling down the highway... crazy.gifcrazy.gif

My parking break indicator is shot on my truck and I had no way of knowing that it was engaged - It probably just goes to show also that my brake wasn't working great to begin with if it wasn't gripping as well as it should have while engaged... It's funny how disengaging the parking break will make your truck run a lot smoother... smile.gif