Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Walli1

river photos

9 posts in this topic

100_2755.jpg100_2751-1.jpg100_2757.jpg100_2751.jpg100_2746.jpg103_1165_077.jpg101_0380_0007.jpg101_0379_0006.jpg101_0378_0005.jpg652606-R1-06-7A.jpg652606-R1-07-8A-1.jpg100_2774.jpg100_2761.jpg100_2768.jpg100_2770.jpg

Sweet photoes there Walli! Nice to see you are enjoying the surroundings as well as the fishing. Those pics with the early morning fog remind me of a story I heard a long time ago. The jist was that the indians always traveled in reverence during the morning fog because in the mists you could see the vague outlines of the shapes of fallen warriors marching along. Next time you have time just sit and watch out across the water and if you look long enough you will start to see the shapes gliding along the surface in the mist. Another of those small wonders in Gods creation! Thanks for sharing!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Awesome pics Walli, I hope to get some of those next spring when I get the boat back out there, something just awesome about those river eye's, oh yeah the screenary and fog pics were cool too.

Nice pics Walli, one of them dudes looks familiar hehehe.

Nice fish there Walli1!

That one with the whiskers sure is a handsome beast, eh?

Flatheads forever man!!

1st time posting. Nice photos Walli! Haven't had much luck the last two weeks at Prescott. We tried jigs/fatheads. Last Wednesday gave up and hit the Vermillion. Picked up a few nice saugers. Will try again on Thursday. Any suggestions, Walli?

Walli1, I will now refer to you as THE MASTER from now on.... grin.gif

Anytime you need a boat boy to back the rig up and park it, I'm your man!!!! cool.gif

There's only one master and I answer to Him, without Him there would be no river or fish. Thanks though! I grow up fishing walleyes on lakes only, then about eight years ago I went down to the river, didn't really catch that much but thought, boy is it beautiful down here and as the years have past, I fell in love with the river. The last two years the river has been about the only place I fish, I've put alot of time in and had to change a few things to adapt to river fishing and I still havn't got it figured out, because the river is always changing, its nothing like a lake and its alot tougher but the rewards are even sweeter! grin.gif

Quote:

The last two years the river has been about the only place I fish, I've put alot of time in and had to change a few things to adapt to river fishing and I still havn't got it figured out, because the river is always changing, its nothing like a lake and its alot tougher but the rewards are even sweeter!
grin.gif

Hey Walli1, I've got to agree with you there! I don't fish the Croix all that much but have absolutely fallen in love with the Miss & the Minnesota. Its a whole new game that requires different techniques and a lot of learning and that is what I love about it! Its been tough but definitely rewarding!