Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dodger31

Question for Jason B.

4 posts in this topic

I have seen a lot of your posts and you seem to know your stuff. What do you think of the Nils Master auger vs. Strikemaster? Thanks for your time.

Dodger

I dont know much about the nils. I do know about the strikemaster from use and I wouldnt own any other

JAson

Would you go with the 224 or the strike light? Thanks again

Dodger

if money was no problem I would get the 4stroke otherwise I just use the express light 2 hp

Jason

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Jim Uran
      I have to add that my buddy has had the Eskimo propane auger and loves it, he has a season and half using it and it hasn't given him any problems. 
    • Jim Uran
      I've had an Eskimo Shark for a few years and I love it, I'm not a fan of the aluminum handles on it, they have given me an issue or two but customer service is outstanding. Can't comment on the EVO, other than  I think they are gimmicky, but I love their six sided insulated hub. Works great for my family trips or just going out by myself. Sets up easy and there is a ton of room. 
    • papadarv
      Vexilar makes many "fish finders" what model do you have. Is it a flasher, a graph, WiFi type. Will help in knowing what your looking at when running your finder.
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      brianfisher, Welcome to Fishing Minnesota! Using a flasher in open water is way more difficult then using a regular depth finder! It takes a lot of study time to really learn to recognize what it is showing you! Basically anything marked even slightly off of the bottom is likely a fish unless there is a lot of floating weeds etc. in the water column. I suggest that you get out on the ice with your friend this winter and use his flasher through the ice. You will very quickly learn to adjust the gain settings and learn to recognize fish under a controlled depth condition! If possible have someone that is familiar with his flasher model go with you and show you how to operate it. Once you learn to read a flasher your fish catching rate will go way up! Cliff      
    • RuddyDuck
      Ice forming in the dogs water dish right now! Forcast still looks good starting Tuesday. I predict the first truck thru the ice on Buffalo will be Dec 23!