Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
DRH1175

CVA's are they any good?

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

I was thinking of buying a muzzleloader. I really would like an omega however I don't quite have the funds. I found couple CVA's that I like. How do they shoot. I was looking at the kodiaks?

BeerHunter    0
BeerHunter

I used my Soon to be brother in laws last year and it worked very well made 2 shots on deer at 90 yards and was dead on accurate. He got the CVA Kodiak with nickel plated barrel. Easy to clean. My dad has a Omega and they are practically the same gun. Both very good guns just what do you want to spend. Just make sure you clean it after every use since it is not a stainless barrel.

I bought the CVA wolf this year because i really didnt want to spend alot of money on a Muzzle loader and it was very accurate while sighting it in.

The more you spend the better quality you will get but the lower end guns will work just as well.

Good luck

Gordie    0
Gordie

Can't beat them for the money I have a CVA pro hunter and have shot deer from 20-100 yards and I'm not at all dissapointed in it. the only thing I would suggest is replacing the sights with good quality ones.I had a probelem with the factory plastic front sight on mine and replaced it with a good quality one. I would like to buy the omega but at the time cuoldnt afford it. Maybe someday.

Mark Christianson    0
Mark Christianson

The sites were a problem. I am not sure if the new guns have been updated.

CVA had a sight upgrade program last year where for $10 you could get new aluminum sites with MUCH better fiber optics in them.

My Dad has this gun, and we just sighted them in yesterday. The new upgraded sites are WONDERFUL without a doubt.

As far as the gun goes, I know a few people with them and they are very good guns for the money.

eagle_3464    2
eagle_3464

I have absolutely no complaints with my cheap ($129) CVA. Sure there are better guns but in my mind not for the money. I bought cheap because I didn't want alot tied up in it if I wasn't going to use it much. I also bought the .45 cal because I had no intention of ever using on more than deer and wanted the flatter s trajectory. Even the .45 packs one heck of a punch and is very flat between 75 yds and 125 yds. I have taken at least one deer each year with it and my girlfriend shot her first ever deer with it last year. BTW, it makes a great slug zone gun for the firearm season when adding the scope.

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

Thanks, I honestly couldn't tell the difference when looking and they had some for great prices. I just know the reputation of the TC. They had a few options had the pro laminated stock, nickel plated barrel for like 299 and had a few of the other kodiaks for as low as 199. Even the cheap TC is over 350.

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

what bullets are you all shooting in them. I was looking at Barnes, noslers, and shockwaves by tc

Gordie    0
Gordie

Biglakeba$$ the sights were plastic and my gun is three years old I dont belive that the upgrade was available then. it slid agaist the wall into the corner and it broke off.I woulded of upgraded anyway.as for the bullet choice I've shot hornady 240 grain XTP with sabots then went to powerbelt aero tips no sabot needed and get fantastic results.

eagle_3464    2
eagle_3464

I agree with elwood on the powerbelts only I have been shooting the hollow-points 225 grain in the .45 cal. They offer the full diameter of the caliber with just a small plastic gas seal attached to the back end. The small gas seal fouls the barrel much less than the sabot and the full bodied bullet packs a huge punch. You can easily get several shots with consistency before you need a full bore cleaning. Of course running a patch down between each shot is best for maximum consistency.

Stratosman    0
Stratosman

I just bought a CVA kodiak myself and am anxious to sight it in this coming weekend for the first time... A friend has the same gun and really likes it.

wplatehunter    0
wplatehunter

I have one and am very happy with it. In fact, I hunt with 4 other people who all have the same guns, and no one has had a bad thing to say about them.

DRH1175    0
DRH1175

Gander Mountain has the CVA kodiak starter kit it has the Kodiak with nickel plated barrel and a bunch of other stuff on sale for $229.00 You can get the TC omega Z5 for $269.00 and that has nothing other than the gun and plug wrench. If I can swing the $229 I don't see how you can beat it. As far as sights they have two different options I did see though in my Deer and Deerhunting Mag a sight for $39 that fits all the guns. TC, CVA, Traditions that I guess one could upgrade to if need be. I am hoping I have enough dough by the weekend so I can purchase and shoot for Muzzleloading opener.