Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Dave Genz is coming to Fargo for Free ice seminar Nov 30th

Paul

I saw a sign at Gander MOuntain yesterday, FM Walleyes will be sponsering a free ice fishing clinic at the Doublewood INN in Fargo Nov 30th at 7pm and the presenter will be none other than DAVE GENZ. SHould be a excellent seminar. It is free to the public.

Paul

Any one else here going tonight?

livintofish

Hey Paul, I'll be there I thought I missed it. Look for a big guy(6'5") in a Lindy hat. This is not good I already can't keep my mind off fishin, I don't think hearing Genz will help. We need ice!!!

BFT

I've had dinner with him before , talk about a guy that stuck on himself !! Save your gas !!

livintofish

Post deleted by livintofish

milnortech

I lived across the street from him before he was a pro fisherman.My dad used to build the sleds for him when they were made of wood for the fish trap and the vex caddie.he has never seemed to be stuck on himself. Istill see him once and a while and I would listen to what he has to say because I know the experience he has. if you dont care for his attitude . you still can learn a lot from him if you will listen.

fisherdog19

I fished with him last winter as I am friends with his nephew, he struck me as a very nice, and down to earth fellow. He was more than willing to share any information he had. Even got to cross a 3000 acre lake with his bearcat sled, I have to get one of those four stroke sleds, it purred across the lake!!!

DEADhead

Peter, the wait is over. I just put down on a Arctic Kitty 2004 T660 sled today. you'll be hearing the 4 stroke purr all winter long now grin.gif

Paul

I thought his seminar was ver informative. When you are in the lime light all the time you seem to develop a huge ego but when you the average joe can look past that you can learn something. I did.I think I learned a lot and I have ice fishing for over 25 years and since I am only 33 that is a long time. I work in an EGO driven industry and have been accused of having a large EGO myself but that is sometimes what it takes to stand up in front of people and do your thing.

fisherdog19

Sweet Dead, now all you need is a trailer! Now all we need is about 4 more inches of ice. We'll have to hit that big crappie spot when I get back from Winnipeg.

DEADhead

forgot to mention that I picked up a new trailer along with the sled. all ready to go now. even gave it a test ride in the front yard with the snow we got yesterday. sweet.

livintofish

Deadhead

The sled sounds sweet, I'm sure shes fast. I just purchased a polaris sportsman 500 wheeler and can't wait to see what she'll do in the snow, it'll sure make it easier to be mobile. You been out fishin yet?

fisherdog19

Very nice!! We'll get out next week after I get back from Canada, the ice should be good to go by then.

DEADhead

haven't been out to fish yet livintofish. Been to busy. the wife works this weekend so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out at all. You'll be happy with that Polaris 500. A buddy of mine has one and it should have more than enough power for what you need. Just hope that we don't get slush ice like last year, or I'll have to pull you out with the sled wink.gif

Peter, if I don't talk to you before this weekend, good luck! break 14 so Noah can be jealous. We'll have to hit the crappie spot soon next week; there should hopefully be enough ice by then to be comfortable with sled.

Just2fish

I've got a Sportsman 400, plenty of power to pull out the trailer full of stuff. Enjoy it, I just bought mine last year and can't wait to fire it up out there again! I like to fish Middle C...

livintofish

Yeah I was thinking about fishing middle maybe next friday after finals. I gotta have surgery on my foot the 18th and may be outa commission for a little while. I gotta get out there, if anyone is planning on heading out next fri. day/evening let me know. Just2fish we may just have to line the sportsmans up sometime! Looking forward to fishin.

Ahhh but Dead just remember, your kitty won't get you too far in about 4 months shocked.gif

DEADhead

Quote:

remember, your kitty won't get you too far in about 4 months

that's allright, in four months I'll be back fly fishing on the rivers where I don't need a sled or a wheeler...