• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Early Ice Action

Well I remember posting this last year as well and I'll throw it out here again. I am interested in getting out with people as soon as there is fishable ice. Still don't know too many of the DL area lakes, maybe a handful is all I know.

F-Dog, Dead, anyone interested in getting out once the ice is ready. I am really pumped for some early ice walleye action! I work in DL and my work hours are 7am-3:15pm, so meeting for the evening bite would work out for me.

Is anyone intersted???? Really don't care to be alone at first ice.

Loren, did you get transfered at BTD to DL? when did this happen and why didn't you tell me? dirty dog. This should make it a lot easier to hit the night bite.

yeah Dead, I am in DL now. Our shop transferred up there at the end of July. I guess I must have forgot to inform you crazy.gif I think you're pretty busy in the summer anyway right? Yes this should make for a better night bite oppurtunity as well.

Are you living in DL also? I'm ready to go, the night bite is what I like best, and it's the best time for me to get out. I usually get on a lake with a good night crappie bite, we'll have to get together with JP and another buddy of mine.

Fisherdog

Quote:

Are you living in DL also?

No, I am still living in Fargo but will have my gear with me when you guys are ready to head out. Sounds like a good time getting out with you guys, so whenever the ice is ready just give me a holler!

Shouldn't be but a week or two til we're out. The first spot I usually hit is about 1/2 a mile from my house and Ihave a buddy that lives on the water that will let me know when it's safe to walk out.

fisherdog

Hey guys --

Don't forget about me.

I only catch the 10-inchers so I am not a threat to the big ones. wink.gif

I am in -- let me know.

Well Ice fishing is now in the back of my mind, I got all the gear out and dusted off. Now I am waiting for some lakes to freeze over. I was curious if there is any ice forming anywhere over that direction, since I am from Fargo its hard for me to tell how the ice is starting to look. Hopefully the nights start to cool off alittle more than they are.

Hey guys, I'm new to the site, have had a chance to check out your reports and can't wait to get out there for some ice fishin, I am not very familiar with the area either and can't wait to get out on the ice. I'm a student going to NDSU for fish research, and am back in the area after 2 years being gone to go to Iraq. I'm pretty busy with school, but will definately plan on hitting the ice as often as possible, and will probably need some ice reports from you guys that live in the area. Can't wait, still got a few mallards to shoot too though. Hey "Dead" if you read this, you work in the DL DNR office huh, I had an internship a couple years ago with Donna in research, not sure if I ever met you. Good Fishin guys!

welcome to FM livintofish! There will be plenty of reports on here this winter, so finding a hot bite shouldn't be too big of a problem. There are always plenty of guys out here willing to take a newbie out. Heck, I'm still learning the lakes yet; this will be my third hardwater season in DL.

We never really got a chance to meet at the DL office. I did hear stories about your tree branch vs. head incident though, and have seen your old size 13 neoprene waders that one of the guys on my crew uses now. If you're ever back in the area and stop by the office, say hi. My office is the one next to the lab.

My boat still is not our of sevice yet but I have been so excited about about ice fishing I have been drilling holes in the top of my freezer but all I seem to catch is steaks and ice cubes. Hurry up and freeze.

Every weekend i go home and walk into the garage and see my fish house, im telling you it cruel and unusual punishment there. Cant wait to get out and do some early season walleye fishing. I would have liked to get out thanks giving weekend but thats not gonna happen on the lake i want to fish. SO as soon as i get out i will have to chase some sunfish around. Hopefull those lakes freeze up in the next two weeks bc i am getting ancy.

Livin' --

Nice to have to on board. How is NDSU these days? I spent some time via Tri-college over there, but most of it was spent chasing tail at the TKE house.

Thanks for your tour in Iraq. We support you guys 100%.

BTW --

Dead will be either at his desk out out back squeezing the Big Females. grin.gifwink.gifgrin.gifcool.gif

I just LOVE that one, JP. grin.gif

LTFish-I am from Fargo as well. I drive to DL daily for work so I will keep an eye on the lakes along the way for ya.

Quote:

If you ignore me I shall only grow stronger.

hitman i don't anything of yours to "grow", period! tongue.gif

been too busy working anyway. things should slow down a bit after thanksgiving. I should finally get some free time to fish, but there's no ice mad.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hitman,

Thanks for the support, it's just good to be back and in the great outdoors again. NDSU is good, TKE huh, yeah I was in Theta Chi for a while. Now, if the lakes would just stay froze we'd be doing good.

Hey thanks,

Looking like its gonna be a long time for good ice now, I would suppose there all open again. The trap is set up in the garage ready to go, look forward to hearing more from ya.

It shouldn't be too much longer. Talked to some farmers today and they said its gonna get COLD really Cold. Hopefully they are right and in a week or two we will be fishing.

livintofish,

I hail from Fargo as well, I've been fishing the DL lakes pretty hard the past few years and am always looking for a fishing partner. I currently work in AK and do the two weeks up at work and then get 2 weeks off in which i fly back home and fish hard. Let me know if you're interested, as soon as the ice is hard and somewhat thick i'll be out as often as possible.

zachp and livintofish,

I hail from Moorhead and I just started icefishing last season and am always looking for someone to fish with. I have a vex. Let me know if either of you guys want to hook up. My email is [email protected]

All of us are from the same general area. A bunch of us should get together sometime (As ZachP said "When the ice is hard and somewhat thick.")and go fishing. I know alot of us have houses and all the electronics so if some dont and want to join that should be no problem at all.

nluchau

Maybe a little HSO forum fishing contest some day. nothing formal since it is against the law to have a contest with out a permit but a get together of sorts. Say the team with the most fish buy the coffee at perkins

Quote:

Maybe a little HSO forum fishing contest

There will most likely be an early ice get together, once we get some ice to fish. keep your eyes open in the next week or two for an announcement.

Hey sounds good guys, we will definately stay in contact and get out on the ice asap. That would be great to get together with all you guys from the area for some fishin. I may not be able to get out right away unfortunately with school... frown.gif

Shae -- Don' trust "farmers" too much. wink.gif

I've got a buddy that tackles chipmonks and holds them down turns them over to see how thick their coat is and this is how cold it is going to be. He is seeking treatment right now, but I think you get my drift. wink.gifgrin.gifcool.gif