• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

3rd annual 1st Ice "Muskrat Love"event on Fish Lake SAT DEC 9th

The young man has his first game at about 8:30 and his last at 9:30. This is looking good. Looks like I might make it up there by 11:30 or noon. I thought there was no way I would be able to get there. See you on the ice.

BTW, I was on secret lake tonight and there was just over 6 inches of ice.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• SKIPPERS KID

• ripstick

• Wade Joseph

Change of plans.

Dennis Steele and I will not make the trip. I am just plain shot and can't drive another mile. I have been on the road for 21 days straight and I need a rest. We are going to limp over to a local lake and fish for a couple of hours Sat. Hope you all have good times and good weather.

Jon,

Sorry to hear you wont be making it up, I was gonna try and get a little inside info from you for areas to tipup for pike on Red. I'll be heading up there the first weekend of Jan, staying in one of Bearpaws cabins across the road from WW on the river. I figure we should be able to get our couple of keeper eyes, and then give the gator's a try.

If your up there that weekend I'll buy ya a couple Cap'n cokes at the "Temple" for a few suggestions cool.gif

The truck is packed and the sled is ready, just need to gas up inthe AM and hit the ice. See you all out there, this should be a good one grin.gifgrin.gif

I will see you all there hope fore the bite and nice to meet you all smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif, PS AKC ST glade we are in the same house I will learn a lot I hope or you will to see you at tims will call ya in the am, confused.gif.

I had a great day on the ice. Put a few more names to faces. I want to thank Highbanks for the parking. Steve and whoever else for the door prizes and Dietz for the little spoon. Between the fish you gave me and the ones I caught we are having a nice fish fry at the Joesph household tonight. I will certainly be looking to purchase of few of those little buggers.

Cheffery, thanx for the burgers, Steve did a bang up job cooking them. Ripstick was awsome with the brats.

Hope to see some of you at Burntside and the Cheesehead get together on Minnesueing.

Just got back and finished cleaning the 2 walleyes I caught. Had one about 18, and one 16. I busted a 20+ off right below the ice. Had a good time. Great job putting it together Steve. Sorry I didn't get out and meet anybody. Saw Tom in the parking lot, and Steve on the ice. I wish I knew the lake a little bit. I think fishing could have been much better away from the freeway.

You Guys sure had a nice day on the ice (with the exception of the snowmoblies racing by) I didnt make it there for the fishing but showed up later at Hi Banks ( should be spanked for that as My fever was 102.7 when i got home ),,Hope I feel better for fishing and working up at Baudette,,

Randoid

Thanks to all for showing up and was nice to put names to faces, Thanks rick for a lot you do and nice to meet you as well. I would like to name this event to the CHASE of MUSKRAT FISHING who won the chase well the rat put ST in his place and they where good friends it was a site to see frank stop in his tracks and step back and give the guy some room. we will do better next time I hope. I now some one got a photo of the rat I think this day was great cool.gifcool.gif BIG thanks to AKC BIG DOG for the burgers thanks chef. smile.gifcool.gif.

Didn't want to leave anyone out. I think I forgot to mention Thanks to Paul Waldowski I think it was he who also gave me a jigging spoon.

Glad you guys had a good time and enjoyed the burgers, it was a beautiful day out thats for sure.

It was a great day to be out. Couldn't ask for better weather. Good to meet some new people too. My thanks go out to cheffery for the burgers and the nut ale {good stuff} Still wondering who won st or the rat. Great day.

Well guys it was a great day on the ice with good people!

I think everyone had fun and left with fish and full bellies. If you didnt its your own fault thats for sure. grin.gif

I would like to thank several people who made this thing another success.

1- Tim at Hi Banks Resort www.hibanksresort.com

Tim FM really appreciates everything you do for us! You and your wife are class acts! If there is anything us FMers can do to help you out you just call me. THANKS!!!

2- Cheffrey (Tom Linderholm) and the Grand Superior Lodge for the great burgers and beverage. Yummy!! We all enjoyed them huge burgers man. Wish you could have been there. Next year we make sure you can be.

3- JB Lures and Custom Jigs and Spins for all the tackle we gave away. Much appreciated by all.

4- Paul, Rick, Dietz, Nelly for coming up and sharing one of our little Northern Lakes. It was fun having you guys around. Dietz and Nelly next year you spend the night at least ok?

5- Ripstick and Papa Woodie for the Brauts etc. Everyone had their fill thats for sure. Woodie a big thanks to you for the grill and helping get everyone off the ice safely.

6- Surface Tension and Skippers Kid for the comedy relief. Nodancing this year Frank but that little 2 step that 4 legged MONSTER had you doing was almost as good. wink.gif

It was fun seeing old friends again and meeting some new people on the ice.

I hope to see everyone at next years 1st Ice Event on Fish Lake. Until then stay warm, be safe and keep jiggin. grin.gif

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well it was a very nice time.

I guess I have to look at why.

We share one thing in common, fishing.

Fishing brought us to this this site.

Here we've shared ideas, tips techneques, locations and tactics.

Friendships have been made.

These Get Togethers are a place to make and meet up with new and old friends.

My thanks to all that came out to make the day a great.

Thank you Tim from HighBanks resort for the use of the lake access.

Cheffery and Grand Superior Lodge thanks for the food and drink donations.

Casey and Gary thanks for the grill and brauts.

Thank you JB Lures and Custom Jig&Spins for the tackle.

And thanks to those that could help out and get guys on and off the lake.

Steve, thanks for organizing this event.

SK AKC TP AKC CTP thanks for sharing the house and for your company.

That wasn't a muskrat it was the Ditch Gouger!

It was definately a good day to be out fishing. I had alot of fun though I didn't know where the FM crew was until early afternoon. 2 of us about a mile from you guys caught 3 walleyes 16,16,and 19 and 1 crappie 12 inch.

Skippers kid,

That was me that stopped by on the red honda about 1:30 in the afternoon for a bit. I didn't recognize you without the deer in front of you like you avatar. Nice to see you again surface tension. Northlander zoomed up on the sled sat for a minute and was on his way to the new spot. (don't think he recognized me from his birthday(slight bit of drinking on his birthday though tongue.gif))

Anyway I was happy to catch fish though I missed the BBQ. See you guys at the burntside bash.

Ryan

I just want to say thanks to everyone for a great time on the ice. It always to meet new people out on the ice. The muskrat chase was legendary!

Papa Woodie, thanks a million for getting me out and back...wish I didn't have to leave so early.

Jason

I had a blast!... what a great time!.. I met some new FM members, saw some old friends and caught a ton of fish!.. I ended up with 12 walleye, a ton of perch, 6 sunfish(all very nice sized) and a mess of crappie as well...

cant wait till next year.. THanks N-Lander nice little show you put together!

Thanks Frank for getting us on fish!!! you rock!

Just wanted to add my thanks also to Tim at HighBanks, Cheffrey for the awesome burgers, and Woodie and Ripstick for the brats, and everyone else for a great time.

Some serious fishing time mixes in with some good comic relief (the 'rat story will live on in Fish lake infamy grin.gif)

and a great group of fisher folks makes for a fun day to say the least. And then when Ma Nature gives a 40+ degree day in December, what more could you ask for.

Good to see everyone and put a few new faces with names.

So what is next, 'pout on the river over Xmas weekend?

PS: Steve, did you find/get the hitch pin? I left it on your door handle. If someone/somehow you didnt let me know and I'll get'ya a replacement ASAP, thanks for borrowing it to me. I searched the lot when i got back but still couldnt find mine, so bought 2 more at L&M on the way home.

Chris I got it thanks.

Ya Im trying to get a good read on the ice conditions by Boyscout before I start bringing people up there to fish.

Im headed up river today to check the ice,with a vest/rope and buddy of course.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Thanks Northlander and Surface Tension (Cheffrey too) for the great gathering, good food and meeting place for great folks.

It was a blast meeting all of you at the gathering and shooting the breeze that evening as well. I hope to get out fishing with some of you boys in the future.

You are a class act up there in the Duluth area!!!

Thanks again for a great time smile.gif

I wish I could have seen Frank's muskrat dance. I wish I would have come out of the house and met some of the people. Anybody got pics of the dance ? I had an experience one year trout fishing in shallow water, in the dark, just before first light. Starring down my hole, when a muskrat came swimming right up it, I yelled muskrat and ran out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I was laughing pretty hard, when my fishing partner finally came out of the house. He did not think it was that funny. The muskrat took one look at him, and jumped right back down the hole.

Thanks for the pics Paul. Too bad it was dark when we got into them Crapies. frown.gif

Wow.....had a great time, not much left to be said other than a thank you to all who I met. Everyone was gracious and a good time out on the ice by all.

The pound and a half burgers were great Cheffrey, and thanks to Steve, Frank, and all others who helped put it on.

Deitzy was putting on a walleye clinic early, so it was good to see he's not just a bassmaster. Thanks everyone too for not mentioning my wipe-out in pursuit of the elusive rat.

Joel

I was off Sat and I should have gone to Fish. We went to Pike Lake because my folks live on the lake and they invited us for supper. No luck on Pike. I remember trapping Muskrats as a kid all over Twig. Are their pelts worth anything today? Did you kill it or release it?

It was released and on its own he better look out crossing the ice or he will be dinner by a hawk smirk.gif.

Quote:

It was released and on its own he better look out crossing the ice or he will be dinner by a hawk
smirk.gif

Maybe you could have traded it's pelt for a dozen chubs at Chalstrom's or Scott's at Fisherman's Corner grin.gif