• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

3rd annual 1st Ice "Muskrat Love"event on Fish Lake SAT DEC 9th

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

THOR6600. we'll start out at High Banks.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• SKIPPERS KID

• ripstick

• Wade Joseph

Like Frank said we will start out from Highbanks Resort. Tim, the owner of Highbanks, has been a great sponsor of this event every year. Please get your bait, smokes, beverages from him. He also has good pizzas and awesome frozen steaks for the grill at a nice price. I get my New Yorks from him. Yummy!

Tim usually waves his accesss fee for us so support him in whatever ways you can.

Thor if you can keep us updated on the ice up there on Fish it would be great. That way I dont have to drive there or bother Tim all the time. Thanks.

Steve where is Hughbanks did tim change the name? confused.gif I hope it was just a spelling muff on your part shocked.gif :

Oh no you didnt! You of all people dont want to start in on me about spelling muffs do ya? Man I tel ya no respect. frown.gif I caught it just before you posted but thanks smartapple! wink.gif

Just for that all your going to see in Cheeseland is skunks and Bambi. grin.gif

Inventory at work is the 2nd , What time will the contest be over maybe i can run up later. If not hope ya have good ice.

We will be there til after dark. At least many of us will be. Probably stop into Hi-Banks and toss a few around there after we get off the ice.

I missed some thing what time is thing starting shocked.gif I might spend the knight up there if there is room. Well steve let me now time and see ya there.

We will formally say it starts at 9am but people can go out whenever they want. I know some guys will want to be on the ice at sun up. We wont be waiting for people after 9am. It will be their responsability to find us after that.

We wont be hard to find.

Im still waiting for Tim to call me back about a cabin.

First weekend of December, should I go pheasant hunting or fishing? hmmm

See you guys on the lake grin.gif

Ok guys I have a cabin for Friday Dec 1st night. Nice big one from what Tim said. I can get myself and at least 4 others in it maybe 5. 1st e-mail to me 1st serve. So far I think I have Ripstick and Skipperskid. Guys e-mail me if your in for sure.

Northlander! I will be up for the Day. I hope there will be enough ice to use the wheeler. Hope to see you soon. also you have mail Nels

Looking at the weather forecast for the next week gets me wondering if we will have walkable ice. I sure hope we get some cold weather soon. We will keep this date until we get closer and if for some crazy reason we cant at least walk out we will go to the 9th.

In years past we were walking on Fish about Thanksgiving so Im asuming we will be ok. Cross your fingers.

Northlander, I should be able to make it. I have xtra gear, sled or wheeler, and probably room if anyone else wants to fish or needs help getting out. Forecast is looking a little warm this week, though.

Yep, even the Amnicon river was froze over around noon today. As long as the warmth lasts shortly during the day we should continue to make ice. laugh.gif

I hope there is ICE to go the temps do not look good confused.gif I will pray for cold wether even if I am still Hunting we will see you there even if we have to stay at Tim's and bend the elbow's All knight I will be there cool.gif.

Ya these temps arent helping us any. frown.gif We may be moving it back to the 9th at this speed.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I'm not discourage yet. Temps are going to drop after this week.

I think I will buy a hover craft this will float on land and H2O It would be great for slush thin ICE grin.gif.

I went and checked ice yesterday and fish had about an inch of good ice and rice had about inches.

I broke the ice at Pike lake today ,,,there was about 1 1/2 inches of ice at noon ,,who knows what the sun is doing to it ,,I just hope the forecasters are right and it gets cold next week

Randoid

If we have ice I should be able to sneak out and fish for awhile. I also have a wheeler and a sled if needed if we have enough ice.

House will be up and running this weekend. smirk.gif Now for the ice and some fun. cool.gif Might have to bring life jacket but what the heck wink.gif

Gary how did your wife's surgery go? shocked.gif I would like you to call me when you have time and let me know how she is doing wink.gif. If you need help with any thing let me now I can help smirk.gif.

Checked the liar channel website and looks like Saturday will be the last day of above freezing temps on the ten day.

Fri Nov 24 Few Showers.................43°/27°

Sat Nov 25 Mostly Cloudy...............40°/28°

Sun Nov 26 Cloudy......................34°/19°

Mon Nov 27 Few Snow Showers............30°/23°

Tue Nov 28 Rain / Snow Showers / Wind..33°/19°

Wed Nov 29 Snow Shower / Wind..........25°/13°

Thu Nov 30 Cloudy......................17°/11°

Fri Dec 1 Sunny........................18°/14°

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I can tell you this. I don't believe Grand will be ready for a while. Before the warm temps. it looked nice and clear black. Went there this a.m. on the wheeler to give the lab a run. Ice was white (not good) and I broke through every where I tried to step on all around the edges. BC