Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Northlander

Last St.Louis River Open Water Report for 06

6 posts in this topic

Well not much to report. Hit the Barkers Island/Bay area today. Got out about noon and just got back. Needless to say I got it handed to me.

Trolling Bombers on the Channel edges only produced 1 small pike and a Ski that wasnt much bigger than the pike, maybe 30" or so.

Tossed out BOTH drift socks and drifted different jigs/plastics in several "Fishy" areas and depths for 2 hours and didnt get a nibble.

Went to the hot pond and got 1 fat ugly stinky cat and 2 nice 17-18" eyes.

Dropped out of the hot pond into the channel edges and drifted some jigs with not even a bite.

Coffee got cold and wind picked up so I called it a open water season.

Til next open water season guys. See ya on the ice.

Steve, I knew you coulnd'nt resist going out one last time after I left your place wink.gif. Any idea how many miles you put on the yamie this year? We should all start guessing and see who's closer grin.gif

Man I dont think I want to know. I cant buy a new Lund because they will only put those Black busted buggers on them now. Looks like I have to go win the Lotto and buy that dang Triton I saw at the boat show. Then I would have to build a new or another garage. Man I need to win that Lotto!!!

Maybe I have a long lost rich relative waiting to will me millions of dollars?

Oh well back to work tomorrow. frown.gif

Well, you can also put silver on the back of a Lund for next year without paying the premium for rerigging. In fact you can get it prerigged even for Honda. I was checking on a 18' fisherman with a 150 and 8 honda, this was my next step up but they eliminated the fisherman series for '07??????? Glad to hear that you had some action for your efforts, see ya on Fish.

Taking the Mrs up to Larsmont tomorrow night for an anniversary dinner prepared by Cheffrey, and licking my chops already grin.gif

I've been quietly mourning the loss of summer. I put the rig to bed last Friday jsut before it really began to rain on me. It wasn't fun. Steve at least you made it a little later into the year than I did. I thought I'd have a couple of Novembe outings, but I got a wild hair and sighted in the muzzloader last Saturday, guess I'll try to go shoot a deer now instead.

Saturday may have been my last trip out also. Tried the Moose Lake area for some largemouth but very little luck with only 2 fish. Water was around 38-39 degrees. Mild temps may keep a few lakes open this week so I may get one more weekend in but who knows.

Granny