Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IFallsRon

Detroit get better; when do Twins make a move?

8 posts in this topic

The Detroit Tigers' season ended just short of the team's first World Series title since 1984. But they think they just added a piece to the puzzle that could change all that next year.

The team has announced that they have acquired Yankees slugger Gary Sheffield and signed him to a two-year extension, keeping him under contract through the 2009 season.

The Tigers will become the seventh team Sheffield has played for in his career.

In exchange, the Yankees will receive three minor-league pitchers — Humberto Sanchez, Kevin Whelan and Anthony Claggett.

Tigers have to get better to even have a chance next year. Central Division will be tough!! Concern over the “extra baggage” Sheffield brings with him, but he did win in Florida with Leyland and Dembrowski. I’m upset about giving the Yankees three pitchers, but I guess we didn’t have much choice. Sanchez has been called our best starting prospect, but lately, he probably has moved behind Andrew Miller. Today, after the trade, I read that “his conditioning may not be what the team wants.” Never heard that before. We still need a big hitting first baseman.

Okay i'm not sold on the Tigers getting better! First off they just took on a huge headcase at a way inflated salary and mortgaged some of their future by giving up three pitchers that they held in high regards. If Sheffield hits 60 HR's per season and wins gold gloves it was a good trade, otherwise he's basically another Albert Belle type headcase... he's been on seven teams!!! That should tell us something.

Great deal he's going to KILL Twins pitching next year.

Division Title, Executive of the year, Batting champ, Cy Young and now MVP Looks like they are on the right track.

All those award's doesn't mean sqwat, how about a World Series title is what matters the most. Morneau is going to cost the Twins alot of money they won't spent along with Mauer. Tigers got alot better with Sheffield, Twins should of went after him and plug him in the DH spot. Twins will always be the Twins, spend cheap. WE NEED PITCHING HELP...

twins offense should be great next year. since liriano is out, we need at least two pictures. one is right there, sign radke for another year, and glavine is available. our bull pen looks solid again, we just need some other picture besides santana.

Radke is done, even if he wanted to come back, he needs surgery, so is out. Unless he pulls a Clemons and un-retires in August after a long rest. He might get 2 months out of his shoulder.