Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joe_stack20

Divers???

5 posts in this topic

Anyone seeing a good population of divers around the area still...I was told i should always be Duck hunting instead of Deer Hunting cuz thats when the most ducks are around...so i was going ot give it a go this weekend..I hunt a Large body of water so i am not worried about ice....just wondering if anyone has been seeing any birds around?

I hunt deer next to a 600 acre lake, and I have been seeing VERY few birds. A few whistlers, some mallards, and that is about it.

Geese, on the other hand, are very plentiful.

Joe, I haven't seen many ducks at all this week. A few here and there last week but my impression is they have pretty much pulled up and headed south. Okay by me....the temperature at my cabin is 13.4 at the moment! Yikes!

ditto on the geese, wow for numbers right now.

Went out and gave it a try on Saturday evening...me and another guy shot our limit of ducks in 2 hours. Boy were the Ducks flying!!! Went out on Sunday Mornig with 2 guys and shot 3 canvasbacks...so all and all it was a great weeekend of duck hunting!