Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joe_stack20

So who is going out this weekend???

11 posts in this topic

Just wondering who is all heading out Duck Hunting this weekend...I personally am gonna try to get into a few good diver shoots this late season...I was always told that when you are deer hunting you should actually be duck huntung...well since i got my deer last weekend...this weekend i am after the ducks....who else is goin out??

i am going out for some mallards this wknd.. i didnt see anything last night decide to pack up decoys.. then pushing boat out and suddenly there are greenie n suzie swimming around where my decoys was.. dont u hate when its happpen... frown.gif

I will be going out for sure, it should be a good weekend I just got back from doing a little scouting and I saw a ton of birds! I can't wait.

I'll be out the next two mornings. Going to do some hunting and work on taking the blind down. The ducks will be safe, I have a hard time shootin straight with the tears in my eyes. So hard to say goodbye to yet another waterfowl season.

Last week all of our ice had left and a good amount of divers came into the area. Got 16 ducks on Sat and 6 on Sun. Mostly goldeneyes, bills, mallards and butterballs. Quite a few swans and fish ducks hanging out. Starting to look like most of the birds have come threw here.

Good luck, be safe

I took a day off from those sneaky deer today and hit the big waters for some divers. My friend and I met on Leech Lake to try out some new waters and found a few birds. Bluebills and Goldeneyes primarily, with some Buffies and big Common Mergansers moving around. Nice to see some big ol' bluebills in the face again in the stiff winds to our backs. grin.gif

Not a lot of ducks around on the big lake, but on my way home I did see divers on about every lake I drove by in areas NE of Brainerd.

We are short lived for migrations I think. Most of the birds seemed to have moved on.

Water temp was 33 degrees on Leech. One big cold front could end it very quickly. wink.gif

I'm hitting the Rainy River after a dentist appointment this morning. I've been chasing deer since Wed. and it's time to get after some birds before I head back down to school tomorrow. Fresh 2.5" of the white stuff fell last nite so I might be needing the white camo. Rumors are there's been geese and mallards out there, but I'll see for myself today.

Went out on Saturday evening and sunday morning...was 1 shy of our 2 man limit on saturday...and Sunday morning me and 2 others shot our limit of Cans...all and all a great weekend of waterfowling

Lots of mallards and geese still out in the west part of the state. We flushed the biggest flock of mallards that I have ever seen out of a field pond. Maybe a thousand+??? It truly was an awesome sight, just like a picture out of Ducks Unlimited. The question I had was...how the heck to they not fly in to each other??? smile.gif

Our group had one of those weekends where it all came together. Totals for the weekend included 13 geese included a banded, 10 mallards, 1 rooster with a 22.5 tail and 2 deer.

nice work fishhawk! we did well in our new field for geese. 3-man limit of honkers on saturday followed by 10 mallards and a beautiful drake pintail on sunday.

The geese and the mallards played the game this past weekend. We had great shoots both friday and saturday. You can't beat it when there is snow on the ground and birds in the sky!