• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Question?

mitch

I slug hunt the 3B season and a couple of my friends are slug hunting this weekend. I would like to bowhunt the same property as them this weekend. I know I can't party hunt with them because I will be using a bow and they will be using gun. My question is can I even ride in the vehicle to our hunting spot with them or would that be considered party hunting, even though I won't be participating in their hunt?

yes you can ride in the same vehicle. I believe you can even camp with them in the same camp so long as there is no intention to tag one another's deer as per allowed with the party hunting regulations.

I hunt 3B also, can't wait until 3A is over, hopefully the 7 day cool down will get the deer back to normal. I'd like to get another shot at a buck. To the question, You can hunt with your friends, you just can't share tags thats all. I.E. They can't shoot a deer with a firearm and use your archery tag or vice versa. Basically, your not considered one of their party. You would need another bow hunter and would then be considered a 2nd party, then the two of you could share tags. Happy hunting, good luck, hope that helps.

Just a side question, I don't even know if I should ask, it may cause more confusion than it is worth. I know you cannot party hunt with different weapons and cross tag as stated before.

But, What if you have an All-Season license where you can hunt any season (except 3B) and can party hunt. Do you and the party have to use the same weapons to tag the deer even though the tag can be used during any open season excluding 3B?

I guess the easy answer is if you shoot it, tag it. And if you are going to party hunt use the same type of weapon as everyone else in the party. Is it even considered party hunting if you do not use the same weapon?

no matter what license you need to use the same weapon (all using guns or all using bows) as the people you are hunting with to be considered party hunting.....