• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Purina Dog Chow

mcmsek

Is Purina Dog chow an all right food to feed a 1 year old black lab. She has a nice coat right now and I do not want to ruin it. She also poops 3 times a day and some people say that is to much. She is on Diamond puppy food now but was thinking of switching to something cheaper and easier to find at Walmart or Target instead of going to Petco.

I was in the same boat. My pup came to me being feed Purina Pro Plan and I had a hard time finding food at times. When I switched to adult food, I went to Purnia One. I feed chicken and rice and have been happy (he appears to be as well).

I am wondering if I should be feeding Pro Plan during the hunting season. He has been getting skinny and I have even increased his daily feedings.

I have six dogs and I feed them all Purina One. They stay active and look great. You can mix some of the better stuff 1/2 and 1/2 with Purina One during hunting season.

You can get Purina One at Target - Walmart and in many grocery stores.

I also feed Purina ONE. Good stools and his coat is really nice. I was a died in the wool IAMS guy, but after they were bought, they changed the formulation. Diamond is also not what it used to be and their coats don't seem to look as good.

I never thought I would be feeding a Purina food, but I have been very happy with the results. I also like that it is easy to get.

I feed my 18mo. Griffon & 9yr Chocolate Lab Purina Dog Chow & they have never had health problems. Some times with training all summer with the Griffon I would feed him Purina Pro Hi. Perf. food & during the hunting season he gets a litle Hi. Perf. mixed in.

And the stool waste isn't too much either!

Good Luck,

Chris

Thanks for the responses. How many cups a day should I feed my 63 pounds lab? I couldnt find a chart on the bag any where.

Our Male Griffon at 70lbs is getting 4 - 5 1/2 Cups a day and our Female Chocolate at 53lbs is getting 3 Cups a day. I would just keep an eye on the weight for a month or two and increase or decrease accordingly.

Regards,

Chris

I use nothing but PDC. No reason to change. My 68 lb golden takes 1.5 cups twice a day to maintain. A little more during hunting trips. I refuse to use the high dollar food. Did on last dog. I have been really curious about Purina One. This post gives me more to think about.