Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big-Al

Venison Bratwurst

4 posts in this topic

There was a thread a week or two ago about sausage and a recipe was posted for a breakfast type. Anyone have a brat type (raw, not smoked) that they would like to share. I'm butchering today and would like to try my hand at some.

With Brats, I've always found it easier to just by the seasoning mix pre-made. I have a recipe somewhere at home if you really want it I'll look for it... but again I don't even use it anymore. If you're making small batches, the cheap pack of brat seasoning at Fleet Farm makes 2 lbs and is actually very good. Buy two or three of those and you'll have a decent amount of brats. I mix my brats 50-50 with pork, but have done 70-30 in the past. I just prefer mine woth a little more pork fat in them. You don't even have to stuff it in casings, you can make it into brat patties for the grill! I do both casings and patties and a lot of people actually prefer the patties over the links. There are also other seasoning packs that will do 15lbs of meat and those are available at most sporting goods places.

Good Luck!

Ken

Not to steal the thread, but anyone else try the wildrice brauts?

Man are they great.

My wife doesn't like any braut, let alone venison, but she had two of them shocked.gif!

Thanks LABS, i will give that a shot.