Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

This weekend

12 posts in this topic

Should be a good rut week.Good luck to all.

I agree, I'm really curious to see how much it picks up, I really didn't see much last week. I remember a couple years ago, sitting out the morning of the 4B opener and watching a buck chasing a doe full bore right by me. From first sighting til they went out of sight was about 45 seconds. Hope to see more of it this weekend!!!

I'm thinking that the activity will be much better. I did miss an opportunity last Friday a.m. as I must have deflected off a small twig, clean miss. I saw a nice one last night with his honey. I'm hoping to bag one before the chasin slows. A person needs to spend as much time as possibe in the woods RIGHT NOW! Good bye and good luck.

Walleyedan

I agree, lets hope with the cooler temps coming in those deer will start to move more than they have been. can't wait

I'm hoping it picks up too and so does my wife who wants some venison in the freezer and for me to stop hunting. Been a terrible year for bowhunting. Haven't got out much and not seen much activity when I did. I had two does last year by this time and it was my first year bowhunting and first two deer ever. So maybe I got spoiled.

Anywhoo, opening weekend last year I counted more than two dozen deer that came by my blind before 8 am. This year, four in the span of about a minute on Saturday and I didn't get out much on Sunday. Didn't hear a shot within miles all weekend though.

Saw 10 does/fawns this morning while on stand. No bucks to be seen in that area though. On the way home I swung by another spot and saw 2 small bucks chasing a doe. She was content staying about 10-15 yards in front of them. I am headed to ND to rifle deer hunt this weekend. I hate to miss prime time in the archery stand, but it is the only weekend I can make it to ND to hunt.

Rut seemed very slow last weekend. I as well hope this weekend is better.

Hope to take Friday off and get another day of bowhunting in before the gun hunters reenter the woods (zone 4).

Gotta second all the comments here. Our opening weekend was much slower than usual.

I drive by the Arden Hills National Guard Training Center every morning and afternoon. Saw a 2.5 year old 8 point cruising an open field and a much larger buck chasing a doe just 30 minutes ago!

Let's hope for me (and my wife) that this coming weekend is more productive!

i hope so, i passed on a couple little guys that where hot on my scent drag...hopefully the big boy will stop by this weekend.

I'm hoping this cooler weather will do it. This morning I glassed seven does/fawns frolicking by one of my stands on the way to work. : P How come these are the mornings I have to go to work? I will be out tomorrow and all weekend though!

I hope so too!!! I took the week of work before gun seasoon and a few morning / evenings this last week and I have hardly seen anything. I was thinking about moving my stands, but they are located in areas that have good sign. I wonder how much this full moon has deer hunting? I noticed on a few web sites that peak game movement / action time was around midnight all last week...

Good luck all....

I agree things are finally starting to bust free!

I missed a big 10pt on Friday! Got buck fever and shot over his back, In hind sight I did nt even aim! He ended up getting shot by a neighbor Sat AM! He was now a 9pt broke off a time during the night! He did havea nice shaved patch right on top of the shoulders that matched my broad head!

Tuesday I had a great encounter. On the way to vote with my 18 month old in the truck. Went by one of my hunting areas and a huge 8 pt is standing gaurd over a bedded doe fending off three other bucks. Watched them for 10 minutes, ran and voted, dropped Janey off at day care and went back. As I came around the corner looking for them the buck was mounting the doe 20 yds from the road!

I ran home and grabbed my bow ( I have the all season tag, and had the rifle in the truck) figuring i can sneak in and maybe get a shot at him.

When I returned they were still there.

I snuck in to them, and came aroudn the corner of an old house foundation. The buck was at 6 feet!! Needless to say We were both suprised. He really did not care about me and the doe took off with im in tow, No shot with the bow.

Had I brought my rifel He would have been in trouble.

I will be back in the tree Friday after him again.