• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

How about a countdown for the Wisc. opener?

tunrevir

Can we get the counter going for Wisconson? Hope everyone is having a safe and fruitful season so far!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

Now I know some of you must hunt in the state across the border, anyone.anyone? My countdown has begun as I have three little ones I'm bringing to deer camp the first weekend. Grandpa has already said he'd take out the oldest to hunt on Saturday night. She has been after me to hunt for the archery season so far and I just don't have the stand to fit two of us but I am hoping that she will get out with Grandpa and have a nice evening hunt. She is 7 and won't be shooting but the interest is there and I hope she will keep it in the future. I am resignned to being the camp cook and babysitter for the first weekend but am soooo looking foreward to just being up there. The other two are 4 and 2 and aren't quite ready to sit on stand yet but are showing interest in archery target shooting. Just a matter of time I guess. I don't know what my wife is going to think when the three of us head out to deer camp in the years to come! Hopefully she'll accompany us but if not ....look out mastercard!(OUCH!) I'll be happy as a pig in slop if the kids want to get out with me though! Good hunting, let's get the Wisconson countdown on the board!

Tunrevir~ cool.gif

I'm with you, deer season opens on the 18th. Well, I hunt MN too, so really there is more than 1 opener. But I wouldn't mind seeing another countdown!

This will be only the second time since I started deer hunting that I will miss out on Wisc. The Colorado elk trip hit the timeoff and cash supplies too hard to go on another trip even just for the weekend. The countdown will just rub salt in the wound, but I sure agree there are lots of FM'ers that head over to cheeseville for the deer season...