• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2007 flw walleye league boater mn division needed.

northernpiker

Looking for a boater to sign up with for all three minnesota tournaments. Please respond.

Have you guys seen a price to do this? I really want to do the AM side of some of these events but some are very expensive.

Ouch! Thats too much for me. Are they 1,2 or 3 day events. Maybe for a 2 or 3 day event.

they indeed are 3 day events .. top 10 fish the last day/.. different partner every day also

I have a buddy that fishes these as a boater. He was thinking of not fishing next year though. There would be oppertunity for prefishing as well.

Email me and I can put you in contact with him.

mw

I think bassmasher may have confused the FLWTour events w/ the FLW League events. Entry fees for the league events are $300 per boater and $150 per co-angler for each one day qualifying tournament in 2007. If you qualify for the 3 day league finals there is no fee.

MN Division

April 28th Mississippi Bay City

June 16 Mille Lacs

July 21 Lake Bemidji

WI Division

April 21st Petenwell Flowage

June 2 Wolf River Winneconne

July 7 Green Bay

There is more information at the FLW Outdoors website or call (270) 252-1000.

Thanks guy, but I found my sign-up partner. $450 for three tournaments with a 20 place payout and a $3500 top prize as a co-angler isn't alot of money. Not to mention the knowledge that can be gained by tournament fishing. The league will limit sign up to 100 co-anglers and 100 boaters. With the new payouts both should fill up.

Quote:

wow, thats alot of money to fish three tournaments

"A lot" is relative I guess. $150 is less expensive than hiring a guide for a day and you have the opportunity to recover expenses if your team performs well. Plus there's always an opportunity to network and pre-fish with other contestants. By fishing these events I will learn more about each particular body of water thereby expanding my future opportunities and, hopefully, I'll learn some new techniques. I will be probably be fishing the WI events so I hope to learn more about pulling cranks behind boards on Lake Poygon and become better at fishing crawler harnesses in Green Bay.

Nelson, If you are looking for trolling pointers on poygan shoot me an email [email protected]. Would be happy to assist you with any questions or techniques you might have. I may have some tools that may make your time worthwhile.

GatorBait,

That is a very generous offer and much appreciated. I can't think of any specific questions now but I'm sure I will have some when May rolls around. I fish Bago a lot so I could probably trade some tips w/ you.

• 2 weeks later...

nelson 380,you seem to have scoopon this series,I am willing to be boater,will check tommrow.If someone wants to seriously consider this as am or if you have more info give it to me private mail.just click my primetime 49 and put it in box.already signed up for one other series and this one does not conflict with that schedule,glad I read this tonight.

primetime,

Here's the October press release announcing the upcoming season. As far as I know, it's the only information available at this time. Registration will likely begin in early February. In addtion to the preference given to Ranger, G3, Polar Kraft, Champion and Stratos boat owners and TBF members, priority is also given to those that sign up as boater/co-angler together (although signing up together doesn't mean you'll fish together).

18.Oct.2006

BENTON, Ky. — FLW Outdoors announced Wednesday its 2007 Wal-Mart FLW Walleye League schedule with more lucrative awards in every tournament and a total purse of $632,450 over 10 events held on some of the nation’s best walleye fisheries.

Boaters fishing the FLW Walleye League will now compete for top awards of $7,500 in every qualifying tournament, and co-anglers will compete for as much as $3,750. These awards, based on a field of 100 boats, include $7,000 cash plus a $500 contingency bonus from Ranger, Polar Kraft or G3 for boaters and $3,500 cash plus a $250 contingency bonus for co-anglers. Payouts extend through 20th place in each qualifier.

The FLW Walleye League features three one-day qualifying tournaments in the Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin divisions. After three qualifiers are complete, the top 35 boaters and 35 co-anglers from each division will advance to the $141,950 no-entry-fee Wal-Mart FLW Walleye League Finals where the winning boater will receive a $47,500 Ranger 621 powered by Evinrude or Yamaha. The second-place boater at the FLW Walleye League Finals will receive a $32,000 Polar Kraft V1910 Pro DC powered by Yamaha, and the winning co-angler will receive a $27,000 G3 V185F powered by Yamaha.

The boater and co-angler points champions from each division will also advance to the $675,850 Wal-Mart FLW Walleye Tour Championship where they can win as much as $150,000 and $22,000, respectively.

FLW Walleye League qualifiers are one-day, $49,050 events held on Saturdays. The FLW Walleye League Finals is a three-day event with the full field competing on days one and two and the top 10 teams advancing to day three. The winner is determined by the cumulative weight from all three days.

“Our company was founded on providing affordable, close-to-home weekend tournaments,” said Charlie Evans, president and CEO of FLW Outdoors. “These grass-roots anglers are the heart and soul of FLW Outdoors, and we take great pride in providing them with the best possible tournament options as well as a clear pathway for advancement to competitive fishing’s highest levels.”

The top 10 boaters and 10 co-anglers from each FLW Walleye League division in 2007 will have the option to advance to the 2008 Wal-Mart FLW Walleye Tour.

Competition in the Michigan Division begins March 31 on the Detroit River in Trenton, Mich., followed by a May 19 tournament on Lake Erie in Monroe, Mich., and a June 30 tournament on Saginaw Bay in Bay City, Mich.

Teams fishing the Wisconsin Division will take to the water April 21 for a tournament on Petenwell Lake in Monroe Center, Wis., followed by a June 2 tournament on the Wolf River Chain in Winneconne, Wis., and a July 7 tournament on Green Bay in Oconto, Wis.

Minnesota Division competition will kick off April 28 on the Mississippi River in Bay City, Wis., followed by a June 16 tournament on Lake Mille Lacs in Isle, Minn., and a July 21 tournament on Lake Bemidji in Bemidji, Minn.

The FLW Walleye League Finals will be held Sept. 13-15 on the Mississippi River in Moline, Ill.

Entry fees are $300 per boater and $150 per co-angler for each qualifying tournament in 2007. Ranger, G3, Polar Kraft, Champion and Stratos boat owners and TBF members have priority entry into the 2007 FLW Walleye League. Entry dates will be released soon.

Named after the legendary founder of Ranger Boats, Forrest L. Wood, FLW Outdoors is home to the Wal-Mart FLW Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Series, Stren Series, Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League, Wal-Mart Texas Tournament Trail presented by Abu Garcia, Ranger Owners’ Tournament Trail, Stratos Owners’ Tournament Trail, Wal-Mart FLW Walleye Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Walleye League, Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Tour, Wal-Mart FLW Kingfish Series, Wal-Mart FLW Redfish Series and Wal-Mart FLW Striper Series. These circuits will offer combined purses exceeding $43 million through 247 events in 2007.

For more information about FLW Outdoors and its tournaments, browse FLWOutdoors.com or call (270) 252-1000.

• 1 month later...

More info on these one day league fish tournaments,February 13th sign up for ,return boaters,February 14th for Those with boat loyalties,February 15th for remaining openings.Boat loyalties groups are Ranger,Stratos,G3,PolarcraftChampion.I expect to try to get in as boater ,from Spicer area if someone wants to try MN.and WIS tourneys as non boater and travel prefish etc,leave message here.tou do need to fish all three leagues in each division.these dates are great as I expect to fish pro am bas in MN. and none of these Saturday One day events conflicts.nelson thanks for info. You have to sign up now to get TBF membership to be able to be considered with these priorities.

bassmasher still looking for traveling partner.You need to look at nelsons post and get signed up as member than you have better chance of your entry getting chosen as non boater.For some reason persons signing up at same time may have presidence over those applying seperate.You fish proam so probaly wont be fishing together but I can get you there and back safely,I hope.Get started by calling number on Nelsons info so they know your interested.I have fished 5 of 6 locations somewhat regular for 22 years.Good luck

I might also be looking for a co-angler to sign up with in the MN. division. I have fished it the last two years.

yar ,couple neighbors want to fish both mn and wisconsin,if you need traveling partner post info or will have them send you message.I am good for travelor as I grabbed best one,just kidding they are both great.If it helps with sign up just yell.they both sent in memborships today.

I will let you know.My brother has signed up with me the last 2 years but he is not sure if he is going to do it this year.I will keep you poasted should know in a week.

Quote:

More info on these one day league fish tournaments,February 13th sign up for ,return boaters,February 14th for Those with boat loyalties,February 15th for remaining openings.Boat loyalties groups are Ranger,Stratos,G3,PolarcraftChampion.I expect to try to get in as boater ,from Spicer area if someone wants to try MN.and WIS tourneys as non boater and travel prefish etc,leave message here.tou do need to fish all three leagues in each division.these dates are great as I expect to fish pro am bas in MN. and none of these Saturday One day events conflicts.nelson thanks for info. You have to sign up now to get TBF membership to be able to be considered with these priorities.

Be aware this is information to sign up for the tour events, but the word is it will be the same for the league.

The registration details for the league events has not been released yet. Very soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the TBF membership? I'm an FLW member, is that the same thing?

Also, am I understanding that if you sign up as a boater/coangler combo, you still are put in the pool for the draw?

Quote:

Also, am I understanding that if you sign up as a boater/coangler combo, you still are put in the pool for the draw?

That is true. It just gives your registration priority.

• 1 month later...