Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
harvey lee

Deer hunting this weekend.

harvey lee

Where is everyone going this weekend.I will be heading back to ND for four days to maybe finish up.

eagle_3464

I think I will be going back out to Garvin park where it is archery only. It's probably to late but I need to adjust a stand location a bit to try and get close to the 8 pointer I saw twice last weekend about 75 yds away. What's in ND that you are returning there so often?

Eric Wettschreck

We shot all our deer last weekend. I'm thinking I'll be on Lime Lake duck hunting.

Good luck to yous guys.

eyepatrol

A little east of Jasper, a little northwest of Hardwick. Counting the days now! grin.gif

Rost

I'll be back in SWMN roaming the country side as well! Can't wait!

jigging-matt

How did you do in SW mn last weekend. We hunted south of the Balaton area and it was terribly slow. Didn't see our first deer till almost 4:00 pm on Saturday. Out of our group of 6 we got two does, and missed 2 more. When we registered our deer on Sunday Afternoon there were only 16 registered for the area. Just didn't see a lot of deer or hunters, and we covered a lot of ground.

phishandpheasant

Saw plenty of deer both days. Our party ended up with 6 bucks and 2 does. Weather and moonlight made it tough on Sunday. We shot 3 bucks early Saturday morning. Bucks were 2 tens, a nine, and 3 baskets.

eyepatrol

Good luck and have a safe one everybody! Looks like it should be a decent weekend for hunting.

Lawdog...not sure if you got my e-mail (I forgot to subject line it), but if you're headed out, have a good one. I hope the Comfort Inn's beds are comfy! smirk.gif

lawdog

No I didn't. Comfort Inn should be as comfy as any though!

Good luck bud!

eyepatrol

jefflawdog at yahoo (Contact Us Please)??? is that correct?

lawdog

yep Jefflawdog@yahoo.com

If you didn't put in a subject its possible it ended up in spam, and then I wouldn't have seen it as I just delete that all the time without looking through it. That yahoo address gets dumped on with spam constantly and there is too much to look through...

eyepatrol

That's probably what happened. Soon as I hit the send button I know I forgot to put in a subject name. I'll try sending again right now.

eyepatrol

Got some deer this weekend (I didn't get one), but man did I ever see a bunch of illegal "hunters" out there! Some of which REALLY ticked me and my whole family off. Hope the CO got their butts!

Hope everyone else had a safe and enjoyable hunt. Our was fun, for the most part.

harvey lee

Results were

4-Bucks,3 doe,this past weekend.With 4 guys this fall shooting thier personal best for archery bucks.It was a long hard fall but the job got done. smile.gif

eyepatrol

Forgot to mention.....2 bucks and, ahem....4 fawns. Couple guys had some size identification problems this past weekend. smirk.gif

lawdog

We ended up with three bucks and one doe that my 14 year old step-son got. It was his first deer and he was REALLY pumped...so was I! Great deer for him, he did everything right and just smoked her with that little 20 ga. youth gun at about 18 yards.

I never fired a shot, but spent most of my time trying to get him a deer anyway. I still have muzzleloading and plenty of time with the bow if I need it. With the Elk meat and his deer though, I'm not exactly short on meat or long on freezer space...

eyepatrol

Section 452?

lawdog

actually, I was only in 451 this weekend.

Rost

We did okay. 3 decent bucks along with a smaller one.

Moses2531

Up in Monte, we got 2 does and a 5 point buck that was missing its other antler... coulda been a beaut!

grumpyoldman

It was a good season. We filled with four bucks and one antlerless. The Mrs. got some shooting this year so she was happy. Many deer were seen and fun was had by all. The walking was fairly easy and most of the deer got up in range. Now we can spend the winter in the ice house enjoying the rewards of the hunt. Jerky, sticks, and brats always taste good in the winter. The transition has begun.

reddog

Quote:

actually, I was only in 451 this weekend.

Lawdog,

You hunting around Hatfield, and north?

Like on the old Demuth section?????

I've been gone 30 some years, but still have some fond memories in the pasture east of the homesite.

lawdog

Reddog,

SMALL WORLD! My parents now live on the old Demuth home site and have for about a decade now. The land we couldn't get bought though as it was in a messy estate fight and the quarter is now split each side of the family owns half of it, other than what mom/dad got with the acreage/homesite. Before it got split out I got to hunt that pasture and took some very nice mallards off the stock pond late season in a storm once and always chased some pheasants in it. The non local family members have it now and I've tried to get access but they have it posted for one guy who hunts it and no one else. Kind of a disappointment as my father literally gave them thousands of gallons of water to help their tree planting project and now I can't even hunt it...

Would I know you or your family????

reddog

I thought that would be your parents home when I made the post..

Actually, we're related... pretty closely, at that...

My grandma Peg, was a Haubrich.

Auntie Beth and Rex, Grace, Little Jim,

Just seen Bob Standish last weekend, and had a great time talking with him

Listened to your mom play at church many a year when I was growing up. Probably even had her for a religion teacher a decade or two. hehehe

You mention a race car in your profile? We got every week to Husets, and Jackson, and occasionally Knoxville weekly show and always to the Kville Nationals.

What do you race?

You wouldnt believe the ducks we used to shoot off that stock dam back in the 70s... Some great memories, right there.

There was a slab crappie bite there one summer, about 1968, but needless to say, I think we fished em out. Back then, we thought it could never end..