Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris63

Deer looking for water?

3 posts in this topic

I was just thinking maybe the reason we didn't see many deer is because they left the area due to a lack of water in the stream(dried up)/swamp(even drier)anyone's thoughts????????????????????????????? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifc63

I hunt by water along with the others that I hunt with.I think you can blame the lack of deer movemant this past weekend on the full moon and the warmer temps.The full moon to me is the worst time to hunt deer.I said to my wife last year that I wont hunt another one and yet I did and no deer movement.

I agree with Harvey Lee its a combination of lack of water Full moon and I also think that the does are not in estrus yet at least where we hunt. I also dont like the full moon hunt but it was probally the best full moon hunt I have erver had. I saw seven deer and shot three a 170lb 5 pointer a 120lbs doe and a nubbin buck passed on a spike opening morning and was busted buy a nice 8 pointer half hour earlier. Two guys in the party didnt see a thing in three days swampwas dried up and the other two missed one each .I was also hunting next to a beaver pond and a little creek that the beaver kept open.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• certified jumbo
      Bugs have been brutal all summer up their.   Glad you had fun!!!
    • JBMasterAngler
      Well, we went back up there to make up for last month. There was no making up anything! Bugs were horrendous, and the fishing was slow to nonexistent. The biggest point of going back up was to fish West Bearskin and Two Island lakes, and we didn't make it to either this time around either.    We still had lots of fun. Did a lot of hiking and sightseeing, particularly on the way up and he way home. Seen a lot of things I've never seen before. Was nice to sit out by the harbor and eat Sven & Ole's. Definitely a lot more people up there in July, as opposed to June. Well, we'll be back in October. 
    • monstermoose78
      Yeah I like decoys this thread used have some on here. I will try to hit a show Thank you
    • delcecchi
      BTW the "no fish on my spots" was just a riff on Tom''s "no fish under my dock".  Sorry for any confusion.  I'm not much of a musky fisherman, so wouldn't know if there are or not, really.
    • delcecchi
      It spit her out after the first bite..
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Have heard of people getting bit before but that was a really nasty looking wound!! And some claim that Muskies do not like to eat walleyes! People must taste better! Cliff
    • DLD24
      My last trip to Mille Lacs I lost a big eye right before I saw it with the jiggin rap...Then 10 minutes later I hooked a 28.5" eye and that was the most scared I've been fighting a fish lol... Every head shake I was darn near dropping my rod tip in the water lol.
    • monstermoose78
      What kind of hand auger and shape is it in
    • LBerquist
      Heard island lake was a hot spot. Any lure that resembles a small foot should work well.
    • going4it
      I'd go with 112 if you have the room more power and I believe last longer on the water. I pilot is worth it. Spot lock to fan cast an area or to stay outside the dock that you just got broke off of are two benifits. I pilot link links up with your hummingbird unit if that's what you have for a depth finder. Let's you follow depth contours. Good luck with the purchases