Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris63

Deer looking for water?

3 posts in this topic

I was just thinking maybe the reason we didn't see many deer is because they left the area due to a lack of water in the stream(dried up)/swamp(even drier)anyone's thoughts????????????????????????????? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifc63

I hunt by water along with the others that I hunt with.I think you can blame the lack of deer movemant this past weekend on the full moon and the warmer temps.The full moon to me is the worst time to hunt deer.I said to my wife last year that I wont hunt another one and yet I did and no deer movement.

I agree with Harvey Lee its a combination of lack of water Full moon and I also think that the does are not in estrus yet at least where we hunt. I also dont like the full moon hunt but it was probally the best full moon hunt I have erver had. I saw seven deer and shot three a 170lb 5 pointer a 120lbs doe and a nubbin buck passed on a spike opening morning and was busted buy a nice 8 pointer half hour earlier. Two guys in the party didnt see a thing in three days swampwas dried up and the other two missed one each .I was also hunting next to a beaver pond and a little creek that the beaver kept open.