Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
hawgTime

Any Ice Yet?

hawgTime

Hi

Just wondering if there is any ice on the smaller lakes around Aitkin? Thanks

hT

Macgyver55

Not much, probably none by now. There was ice out 150 yards on Minnewawa in front of my cabin on deer opener but most if not all was gone by Tuesday morning.

Zaraspooks

I was staying on Rat Lake last weekend for deer hunting. The lake was pretty much frozen over on Saturday but by the time we left on Sunday, Most of the lake had re-opened. Same goes for the Big Sandy flowage.

hawgTime

Got the fever. Any MORE ice yet. thanks\

hT

sakazulu

Big Sandy viewed from highway 65 was iced over today at 11:15 am

kpp

Swamp lake south of Aitkin is froze over as of sat. There was about an inch of ice. Hopefully the weather forecast will stay the same for next week, that will freeze all the lakes up and should be walkable by the first weekend of Dec. It says the highs will be mid 20's with lows almost in the single digits.

john.wells

just got back from Emily area today- there are a lot of frozen over lakes in that area, I'm sure some of them should be ready to walk on by Dec. 1st. I even heard of one guy going out on one of the smaller lakes already.

knoppers

I will be on fleming next weekend for sure. I hope we get a little snow on the ice first, I just don't like or ever had good luck at ice fishing with no snow. we need the snow for movement, to cover ourselves like camo, especially on shallow lakes.

its a good thing I have to work throughout this weekend, becuase I don't want to go out on marginal ice anymore. be careful brothers this weekend.

Moses2531

If Flemming is ready to go, Portage must be all locked up by now?? I wouldnt mind getting up there over xmas break! Gotta keep those hopes up that the crappies may be around!!

beretta

Knoppers: Think we will have typical Fleming Lake crappies this year or do you think that with the "die off" they will be a little bigger? Just thought you might have some insight on that being it seems like you fish it a lot.

knoppers

fished fleming on friday, 6.5-8 inches of ice, used the wheeler. nothing but perch, did not even see a crappie on the camera. only thing was many perch, one sunnie, and one small northern. maybe the crappies are getting hit hard, with the die off and the fishing pressure.

Moses2531

Anyone try out Portage yet or at least seen the few houses that always set up out there?? Hoping to fish it over xmas break a little...

Moses2531

This warm weather isnt ruining the ice too much up here is it? I'd hate to have my break wasted with unsafe ice!

Rodric Christensen

Was out on Clear and Dam this week. Had a good 8" yet yesterdy. Sunny and 40 today, but I think it will be fine for ATV and foot traffic. There were some smaller day houses being pulled off, but I think they were concerned with them freezing back in when it gets cold again. ( I hope )