• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Stolen treestand?!?!?

LakeDocktor

I have a cabin just west of Hackensack. We left last Thursday morning to do some bowhunting before the gun season got into full swing. As we made our way to the woods to set up for the evening hunt, my buddy mentioned, "wouldn't you be pissed if your stand wasn't there?" I kind of shrugged it off, thinking it was locked to the tree and it would be a pain in the a** to haul it out of the woods without some help and people seeing.

As I drove up to the entrance of the Woodtick Trail, I didn't see it from the road and started to worry. I thought maybe the blind I put around it just blew off and that is why I couldn't see it. I was wrong, someone climbed the tree, cut the lock off and stole my two-man ladder stand. I just bought it two weeks before so my six year old son, who was begging to go hunting with "daddy", could sit with me and watch and learn things about bowhunting. These scum bags tore my blind off and threw it to the ground. I know that it had to be more than one person to steal and take this heavy stand out of the woods. I have talked to a few local guys in the area and they gave me a vehicle description of a truck that was parked at the trail that leads to my missing stand. If anyone was going into the Woodtick Trail off of Cnty Rd 122 between Monday Oct 30 and Thursday Nov 2 and saw anything suspicious or a vehicle within 50 feet of the entrance, please let me know.

Whatever happened to "Minnesota Nice"? I just hope that the Cass County Sheriffs Department catches these (Contact Us Please) before I do!

ive had this happen to me to. it sucks its impossible to totally secure stands but heavy steal cables and locks that don't expose the locking rod (the round ones you would use with storage units) work the best because you cant really cut them with a bolt cutter. that and i set up a hidden trail cam with the flash off pointed at the base of my stand. what really sucks is it very hard to prove that a stand was yours if they found it on someone so it is a good idea to etch it in a not so obvious spot. mark with your intials or a special number.

My brother in law hunts near Backus and their party has had two portables stolen and another attemped this year from private land. One was hunted out of until 5 pm one night and gone the next morning on their private land.

They called the sheriff and they suspect they know who did it but no proof. In case there is any connection, you should call and give the description of the vehicle if you haven't already.

ccarlson

I have already called and they told me there really isn't anything they can do. I already knew that, but if someone is caught, they may be able to link them. I feel like whoever took it lives in the area and had plenty of time to climb up, cut the lock, take it down, disassemble some parts and haul it about 1/4 mile through thick woods. I would like to think whoever did this wouldn't put it up too far from the road or trail because of the bulkiness and weight of it. I have people looking around and keeping their ears open. Like I said before, they better hope Cass County finds them first because they now have 6'4'' 250lbs pissed off!!!!!!

Our party had three stands taken right before the season on private land. The fall before we had some people trespassing and did'nt turn them in but that won't happen again we hunt by clairissa mn.

A friend of mine had the opposite happen to him last week. He got out to his stand to find 3 new perm. stands built on his property. He spent the morning cutting them apart with his cahinsaw.

if this guy is a repeat offender go matlock on his a** and set him up. put up a stand visible from the road mark it some how with a special mark and make a record of it, take a picture. then hide a trail camera with the flash off. also clear an area at the bottom to to get a boot print. oh look for truck tire tracks too, to match to a vehical. or i don't know how much they are but put one of those gps trackers they make for dogs and put it in the seat(see if the cops can get one). then fry his butt when they catch em. ok maybe i got a little carried away but i've had it happen to me and it just royally pisses me off!