Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Captain B.R.K

Deer Hunting 2007

10 posts in this topic

First weekend is done and how did you all do?

I went out with my the in-laws to the piece of property we hunt near Eden Valley opening day. I climbed into the stand with bow in hand and the others had guns.

8:00am came around and my father in law got a real nice 10 point buck- beautiful deer. That was it for our group of 3.

Got out to the stand after lunch and as we were walking in, we kicked up a deer mad.gif and the party hunting next to our piece of land shot twice and we thought they got the deer. That group spent the entire night hollerin' and screamin' through a big slough trying to find the deer. I know we didn't see anything because of their commotion...frustrating really!

The 10 point buck made up for the evening hunt!

How did you do?!?!

I hunted near Rice. Our group got 4 deer which is about average and all we want. I was happy. But, how can you not be happy while hunting.

I went near Babbit for the opener. First time in the big north woods. Saw only two white tails flicking in the brush on Sunday after the sun came out. No shots fired.

Friday night at 1:30am I had to go outside the cabin for awhile and as I was gazing at the bright moonlight I got to hear a wolf howl. Then three more joined in for a wolf chorus. One wolf was not too far away. Very neat to hear. If I was a deer I would have left the neighborhood. I'm glad I had a cabin to walk back into. Maybe that's why our group didn't see anything on Saturday.

Good Luck this coming weekend.

My son and I went out near FF and he got his 1st deer, : laugh.gif a young buck, that was after he missed a much large buck. Later in the afernoon I got a 7pt. Seen only 2 on Sat am, and about 8 in the pm.

We were up near Sandstone. Went 3 for 6 for the weekend with 2 bucks and a doe. I'll be heading that direction again on Friday night.

Good Luck!

8 deer for 12 for us. We hunted on my land near Pine river. 5 bucks and 3 does one real nice 9 pointer. 5 of us are hunting my brothers land along the sauk river this weekend. It should be fun I really enjoy slug hunting. Makeing deer drives is always a blast.

Sounds like people are seeing deer. Outdoor News was just delievered today 125,000 whitetails registered this past weekend! Not sure if that is good or bad?!? Depends how the rest of the year goes.

The heat didn't help this week.Temps are suppose to be cooler again starting tonight- through the next several weeks so hopefully that will get the rut going and get more deer moving.

Good Luck this weekend guys

Borch- whereabouts near Sandstone do you hunt? i'm just a titch south of town on the west side of 35...

I'm actually south of Rutledge about 2 mile on the west side of the freeway. We set up camp in the Banning state park.

Haven't hunted 2007 yet but looking forward to it. wink.gif We have a group of 7 and hunt the Wadena - Cass County line just a couple miles north of Oylen, MN. We ended up with 9. Two fawns, four does, and three bucks. Bucks we a 5 point, 6 point and 9 point. Saw plenty of deer Saturday morning alone between the 7 of us we saw 23 deer. Sunday evening when I took the 9 point there were 14 deer (two of them spikes) that were in the field just before he stepped out and another 4 that passed through the field behind me. Nine pointer was in the 230 pound dressed range with 19" inside spread. Registered him at the Motley BP sation on our way home Sun. night and was told he was by far the biggest registered there to that point. Hunting party is already looking forward to 2007.