• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

who shot a deer?

Hey gang who shot what? i didnt get to hunt, college swim season really cuts down on the amount of free time i have. Jonah

My son and I hunted the Bunyan sat.-mon. We saw 3 does 2 fawns and 1 fork buck on Sat. nothing after that. We could have taken any one of them but we are holding out for a bigger buck. We are going back up on thursday. We saw very few scrapes and a few small rubs. We will be hunting a little farther back in this next time. I did see two sets of LARGE paw prints in the snow on friday. frown.gif There was plenty of shooting in the area but we saw mostly fawns and does and only one small buck on vehicles in the Bunyan. Believe it or not my son got two roosters on friday.(off the Spur road) They had short tail feathers and they were too stupid to survive the winter. Pheasent was the last thing we thought we would be eating on the deer opener. grin.gif We also flushed several grouse , Ken

good work i think i would rather eat pheasent any day. hahaha good job and good luck this up coming week end.

6 wolves, no deer in the smokey hills area. Scouted thursday and friday, hunted sat.through monday nite frown.gif last we saw several and filled a the tags.

Ryan and I passed up a real nice 8 pointer opening morning. considering it was opening day we decided to hold off. I've seen 3 other 8 pointers since, say 2 1/2 yr olds. Several smaller bucks. We caught a picture of a dandy on our trail camera, so we're trying to wait for him to come back.if you can tell me how to post the picture I'd post it.

We got four does in the smokey hills. Small but good eaters. Also one big buck that was a fork. This thing was really big though. We didn't hear as much shooting as we have in the past.

First time hunting in the area. Located near Pickerel Lake (sp?) Saw a bunch of does and a fawn on opening morning. Guy from our party dropped a nice 8pt with 16" spread at 11:30. Then my dad dropped a nice 10pt with 19.5" spread at 1:30.

Sunday was TOO hot, saw a few, nothing big but jumped a nice buck late in the afternoon while walking through the woods, could get a decent shot off because he was in the sapplings. Can't wait to head back up there tomorrow

Will try to post some picks, when registering in Emmaville, clerk said they were the biggest ones he saw this weekend!

Kidwalleye, was that you hunting in the portable recliner chair, way up in a Norway pine, right along County Road 4, West side of the road, South side of Pickeral Lake on the County land. If it was, I saw you there. My son and I were saying that you could make a long shot from there.

that sounds like someone I know, who lives right by where you saw that happen laugh.gif.

The only thing is, though, he owns over 200 acres of ag land and woods, so he doesn't need to hunt public land.

Not me. I was hunting private land in the smokey hills. North side of 34 off guyles road.

Sorry Kidwalleye, I got my wires crossed. It was Heiman507 that said he was hunting South of Pickeral Lake.

CDY_0013.jpg

Well here it is Johna. It's not a Boone and Crocket, but it's a dandy. Ryan may have seen it last evening, but it didn't give him a shot. We saw another wall hanger while driving into our stands, yesterday afternoon. If we don't connect now, we'll get him with the muzzle loader

Sounds like you saw my younger brother. Its a decent location, but that little section was logged and all the saplings are starting to fill in so we had to get him in the air. Those portables are so fun setting up 15 ft up. crazy.gif

Yeah, we are on private land that is straight west of pickerel, I guess the road is Emma Township 1.

Had another good weekend. Got a nice 8pt friday morning (11/10) and a young 7pt later in the afternoon.

No digital camera, just film, so after i get them developed i'll post some pics

Kidwalleye...

Where you hunting north or south of the new development? I have some land off guyles rd too.

Kid,

If you don't mind, I would like to hear some details on the fork horned buck. Where did you shoot him in the Smokies, What did his horns look like? The reason for this is I drew on one of the biggest forks I have ever seen on my property a week or so before the gun season but couldn't get a shot. His horns came right out of his head in a "V" not up and out then forked. If this is the same one I would like to know where he ended up at.

Thanks.

Kenny