Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
MuskyBug85

who shot a deer?

MuskyBug85

Hey gang who shot what? i didnt get to hunt, college swim season really cuts down on the amount of free time i have. Jonah

wingnutken

My son and I hunted the Bunyan sat.-mon. We saw 3 does 2 fawns and 1 fork buck on Sat. nothing after that. We could have taken any one of them but we are holding out for a bigger buck. We are going back up on thursday. We saw very few scrapes and a few small rubs. We will be hunting a little farther back in this next time. I did see two sets of LARGE paw prints in the snow on friday. frown.gif There was plenty of shooting in the area but we saw mostly fawns and does and only one small buck on vehicles in the Bunyan. Believe it or not my son got two roosters on friday.(off the Spur road) They had short tail feathers and they were too stupid to survive the winter. Pheasent was the last thing we thought we would be eating on the deer opener. grin.gif We also flushed several grouse , Ken

MuskyBug85

good work i think i would rather eat pheasent any day. hahaha good job and good luck this up coming week end.

jigginjim

6 wolves, no deer in the smokey hills area. Scouted thursday and friday, hunted sat.through monday nite frown.gif last we saw several and filled a the tags.

leechmann

Ryan and I passed up a real nice 8 pointer opening morning. considering it was opening day we decided to hold off. I've seen 3 other 8 pointers since, say 2 1/2 yr olds. Several smaller bucks. We caught a picture of a dandy on our trail camera, so we're trying to wait for him to come back.if you can tell me how to post the picture I'd post it.

KidWalleye

We got four does in the smokey hills. Small but good eaters. Also one big buck that was a fork. This thing was really big though. We didn't hear as much shooting as we have in the past.

heiman507

First time hunting in the area. Located near Pickerel Lake (sp?) Saw a bunch of does and a fawn on opening morning. Guy from our party dropped a nice 8pt with 16" spread at 11:30. Then my dad dropped a nice 10pt with 19.5" spread at 1:30.

Sunday was TOO hot, saw a few, nothing big but jumped a nice buck late in the afternoon while walking through the woods, could get a decent shot off because he was in the sapplings. Can't wait to head back up there tomorrow

Will try to post some picks, when registering in Emmaville, clerk said they were the biggest ones he saw this weekend!

leechmann

Kidwalleye, was that you hunting in the portable recliner chair, way up in a Norway pine, right along County Road 4, West side of the road, South side of Pickeral Lake on the County land. If it was, I saw you there. My son and I were saying that you could make a long shot from there.

DEADhead

that sounds like someone I know, who lives right by where you saw that happen laugh.gif.

The only thing is, though, he owns over 200 acres of ag land and woods, so he doesn't need to hunt public land.

KidWalleye

Not me. I was hunting private land in the smokey hills. North side of 34 off guyles road.

leechmann

Sorry Kidwalleye, I got my wires crossed. It was Heiman507 that said he was hunting South of Pickeral Lake.

leechmann

CDY_0013.jpg

Well here it is Johna. It's not a Boone and Crocket, but it's a dandy. Ryan may have seen it last evening, but it didn't give him a shot. We saw another wall hanger while driving into our stands, yesterday afternoon. If we don't connect now, we'll get him with the muzzle loader

heiman507

Sounds like you saw my younger brother. Its a decent location, but that little section was logged and all the saplings are starting to fill in so we had to get him in the air. Those portables are so fun setting up 15 ft up. crazy.gif

Yeah, we are on private land that is straight west of pickerel, I guess the road is Emma Township 1.

Had another good weekend. Got a nice 8pt friday morning (11/10) and a young 7pt later in the afternoon.

No digital camera, just film, so after i get them developed i'll post some pics

hookset

Kidwalleye...

Where you hunting north or south of the new development? I have some land off guyles rd too.

KidWalleye

north of the development. By Smokey hills road.

hookset

great area I love it. I have some land closer to ponsford too. nice deer in the area.

Wolfpaak

Kid,

If you don't mind, I would like to hear some details on the fork horned buck. Where did you shoot him in the Smokies, What did his horns look like? The reason for this is I drew on one of the biggest forks I have ever seen on my property a week or so before the gun season but couldn't get a shot. His horns came right out of his head in a "V" not up and out then forked. If this is the same one I would like to know where he ended up at.

Thanks.

Kenny