Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris63

Didn't Even See One!

6 posts in this topic

Hello,We didn't even see a deer in the woods this opening weekend.Sure is dry (even in the swamps)I hope to do better on the last weekend.Guess I can't do confused.gifconfused.gif much worse.c63

well openning morning i saw one for about a second. saw a body got the gun up and it was gone frown.gif then i went on alittle walk and was gettin hot so i went to take clothes off and heard my uncle wistle and point to my left. i guess i got caught with my pants down he said there was a deer to the left of me. really slow weekend not alot of deer movin. hope the next two weekends are better.

iceman

I feel your pain. 17 hours on Stand this past weekend and not even a deer sighting. Oh well, I just love being in the woods, even if the squirrels scream at me!!! Hopefully my luck will change this weekend.

Thanx Coach,I hope we both do better.I'm with you,I truly enjoy sitting watching/waiting in the woods.Pray to the deer gods...........they will come.later,c63

I feel bad for you guys, not seeing anything is no fun, but actually I saw 16 last weekend and haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I'm with you man, I didn't see a deer this weekend either. Hunted with my son Saturday - Monday. We hunted out of a narrow (100 yards wide) strip of pines in the high ground that overlooked two separate low land pieces on my property each with very very active trails leading into the pines. We had stands on great rub/scrape lines on the edge of this pine bluff loaded with dear pellet and nothing on my side at all. My 14 year old son just 100 yards over from me on the other side of that stip of pines saw 5 on his side but they were all outside the 150 yrd zone within which I gave him permission to shoot and never moved in closer taking a different route into the woods. I'm proud he had the resolve to respect what I thought was his maximum safe-clean-effective kill range and hold off. It darn near drove him crazy but he understands the need for an effective humane kill shot and not just winging it from a distance you can't shoot confidently. Sure wish we'd have traded opening morning stands with him though crazy.gif

Got two new areas to try this weekend including a very active fence line crossing from the neighbors hardwoods where he doesn't allow hunters. They move from my pines to his hardwoods regularly on the way to the corn/clover fields to the south. Its deeper in and harder to push to but its got great second weekend potential after the pressure has pushed them into a little heavier cover. Keeping my fingers crossed.