Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swill

Sherburne / Stearns County Mississippi River Duck Hunting?

2 posts in this topic

Hi All-

Does anyone have any information if a guy can set up along the Mississippi River from the City of Elk River to Saint Cloud or Saint Cloud to Little Falls and do some boat duck/goose blind hunting?

Thanks

Swill,

I know alot of spots in the area your thinking about. Be careful around Elk River, there are some SNA's down there. You can get set up on some areas from Dayton all the way up to St. Cloud. Some areas are better than others, and some are easier to get to. The water level is really low, so it's best you know where you are going. I hunt the area pretty much from opener through late goose. Been setting up in the area for about 5 yrs now. I have sat out there all day and never see a bird. Other times it's better. I don't know if you have ever hunted rivers, but it's pretty unique hunting. If you want more info email me at chipkinney@yahoo.com. I'll be hitting the river durning the week and the weekend.