Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MILLER TIME

BUYING LAND?

3 posts in this topic

AFTER THIS WEEKEND OF DEER HUNTING, I'VE CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THE LAND WE HUNT COULD USE SOME WORK. LIKE ALOT OF TREES!! THE LAND MY FAMILY HUNTS IS OWNED BY SOMEONE ELSE AND WE JUST MANAGE IT FOR HIM, BUT I HATE TO PUT MONEY IN FOR DEVELOPMENT IF I DONT OWN IT. I WOULD LOVE TO BUY IT BUT MY POCKET BOOK IS A LITTLE SHORT. BOTTOM LINE QUESTION, IS THERE ANY TYPE OF GOVERMENT HELP OR SPECIALIZED BROKERS THAT HELP OUT PEOPLE BUYING HUNTING LAND. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.

Millertime,

There are brokers out there that can help. I'm a residential broker, but we don't really have many lenders that we work with that deal with land. I have seen some in the outdoor news. I'll see what I can some of my referal partners have. Another option would be a contract for deed. You wouldn't have to deal with approvals as its based more on your relationship with the owner.

If you have control over the land and just want to improve it start with your local Soil and Water Conservation District, there are lots of programs that may help