Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason Durham

Deer opener (fishing that is!)

7 posts in this topic

Went out on Big Sand today and even though the water is on the verge of freezing, the smallies were still pretty active. We caught 7 between 17 and 19 3/4 and lost another three. The were actively feeding and had HUGE bellies, but they definitely didn't fight like the smallies of summer. They didn't make any runs and would just shake their heads until they came to the surface and then would give up.

Anyone else get out fishing over the hunting weekend?

good work Jay, was there any one else out? i know my old man was thinking about going out but he didnt get that far. Jonah

One other boat when we got there, one other when we left. I'm hoping tomorrow will be an open water day to fish as well. Would you mind doggy paddling around the lake through the night so it's open when I get there in the morning?

hahahaha, i would love to be home and be able too. i hope you hose them tommorrow, let us know how it turns out. Jonah

hey jay i heard you had a tough time on the trap on saturday, how many did you see? did you guys get any bites? do you think i will be able to get out there over thanksgiving???? i sure hope so. Jonah

You must of been fishing with Kelly....17-20" ha..

JD- Looked for you on Big Sand today, I didn't see any boats out. Anything been biting?

Mike Martin