Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbtwins24

what youve done to antlers that you dont mount??

9 posts in this topic

this will be fun just to find out what people do with thier antlers if they dont mount them. some people just let them lay around and gather dust but some people do other stuff with them.

I mount every buck that I harvest. I've found dead bucks that the neighbors have killed and put those antlers on plaques on the wall. Shed antlers I am saving to make a chandelier and I made an awesome lamp with a set of antlers from a 140 class ten that was found dead. Oh yeah, gotta have a set for rattlin'.

I use to save all racks.After 15 years I had numerous racks and gave them all to a guy who uses them to make different items.

I know I gave away at least 20 racks that were from 8-12 pointers,with some over 125.My true trophy's are on the wall.

I grind em up and put em on my cereal grin.gif

what?! ha ha joking right, i hope you are. i make handles for a knife blade or two with the ones i get.

the ones that we dont mount we cut them off and then screw the horns to the beams in the shack. after 6 years of huntin were runnin out of room on the beams smile.gif

iceman

I cut some of my grandpa's up and have them hanging from my Dresser top where there are gaps in the wood work and they hang down.

I had my first buck by bow antlers laying around for about 3/4 years and my Cousin got into taxidermy and did this as practice and a favor.

A lot nicer than two antlers laying around doing nothing!

IMG_2768%20%282%29.JPG

Something similar to LiciandTim, but not that fancy... smirk.gif